Dogs Having Chronic Ills

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 08:32 pm
My half cocker spaniel, beagle had ear infections, hair loss, began biting her flesh raw, smelled bad, etc. Nothing seemed to help. Then I took her off the Pedigree dog food I had raised her on. Right now, I feed her Iams, often the lamb and rice, though not exclusively. That only marginally helped. I discovered http://www.nzymes.com. Their products restored her to good health in a relatively short time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,952 • Replies: 5
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 09:38 pm
Wow, lucky for you and her!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:35 pm
Diet is important to any dog's health. How are the dog's teeth?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:28 pm
That's interesting. My cats subsist on IAMS, though, and I'll stay with it unless there is a problem. Cotton pickin stuff already costs more than premium ground beef. Lamb and rice is supposed to be the hot tip, at least for cats, but they do like the fishey variety from time to time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:44 am
Interesting site, I am saving it. I am not qualified to judge if they're right, of course, but they seem to have a point.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:55 am
This has happened to some of my dogs as well, most often to my male golden retreiver.

The vet told me that his skin was having a bit of an allergic reaction to the pollen, particularly grass pollen, but it was giving him 'hot spots' on his skin (stomach and back mostly) and making his skin smell terrible.

We put some ointment on his spots, and gave him anti-itch shampoos (gently). Cleared right up, but it happened every spring.

Maybe that's not your dogs problem, but it's a good question for the vet.
0 Replies