Affair partner's spouse contacted me. What do I do??

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:44 am
I found a Facebook Message from my former affair partner's spouse to me. It's a couple months old, on an account I rarely use.

My first thought is to ignore it. He was clearly venting. It did seem vaguely threatening, but I could just be reading that into it, it may just be that he's hoping I get what I deserve for the horrible wrong I did.

Telling my wife about it, and not responding, is probably my best course of action here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,255 • Replies: 4

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:55 am
Do nothing. Don't respond.

You should have told your wife way before this , anyway.

Close down the FB account. Be a better husband.
herewegoagan

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 12:02 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thank you for your advice.

The affair is over, when my wife asked a year ago I couldn't handle lying anymore. I told her. It's been a hard year. I am trying so hard to be a better husband, trust me. I know I can't make up for what I did but I also know we can make our relationship better than it was even before my failure.

Sorry I left out those important parts of the story. And I meant tell her about this message, not that she doesn't know about the affair. I'm kinda freaking out right now, where normally I'm around a zero on the 0-10 anxiety scale.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 06:15 am
What good would come of it if you were to tell her that there has been a contact related to this regretable offense?

Why stir the pot?

0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2017 08:24 am
@herewegoagan,
No need to tell your wife. You two are working to restore things and bringing this up to her can only serve to reopen an old wound.

As far as the message itself, ignore it. It would not have been good to respond even if you had seen it the day it was sent to you.
0 Replies