Is it sexist for parents to have different rules about farting between him, his sons and daughters?

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:48 pm
This woman was complaining to me about how her parents let their sons fart all they want around the house and don't care about it but was saying when she farts she gets in trouble and told a lady should not act this way and should be a lady.

This is not my personal situation. I am not the parent or one of their children but to be honest I find that a sexist attitude. To me you have 1 rule that you apply to all your kids and don't single them out by gender.

I find it sexist do you?

Please no mean or judging comments.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,959 • Replies: 9

McGentrix

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:53 pm
Women fart? Shocked

How long has this been happening?
centrox

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:54 pm
The idea that male children can be rough and crude and females must be quiet and demure is definitely sexist and also very old fashioned. My sister and I were brought up that way in the 1950s.
saab

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 02:57 pm
I was brought up to that noone farts around the house any time and when they want to. It is simply disgusting.
It is ok if your are a cat or dog.
0 Replies

Photography Lover

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Haha yup they do sorry to burst your bubble. Smile
0 Replies

Photography Lover

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:02 pm
@centrox,
I agree! I mean it is not like a woman's digestive system suddenly does not produce gas because she is a woman. I think the entire being shocked that women do it as well is something people need to get over.
centrox

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:10 pm
@Photography Lover,
Photography Lover wrote:

I agree! I mean it is not like a woman's digestive system suddenly does not produce gas because she is a woman. I think the entire being shocked that women do it as well is something people need to get over.

I am puzzled why you are bringing this up. Do you live somewhere very old fashioned?
Photography Lover

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:13 pm
@centrox,
The reason I bought it up was because I heard a woman complaining about it so it was kind of bought to my attention and made me think I wonder what other people think.
0 Replies

Photography Lover

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 03:39 pm
@McGentrix,
I personally have no problems with it but there is no denying some guys do have a problem with it. Same with women when it comes to men.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:49 pm
@Photography Lover,
Photography Lover wrote:

This woman was complaining to me about how her parents let their sons fart all they want around the house and don't care about it but was saying when she farts she gets in trouble and told a lady should not act this way and should be a lady.

This is not my personal situation. I am not the parent or one of their children but to be honest I find that a sexist attitude. To me you have 1 rule that you apply to all your kids and don't single them out by gender.

I find it sexist do you?

Please no mean or judging comments.

Eh.. smoke and mirrors.

Your 16 yo son has sex for the first time, how do you respond?

High five.

Your 16 yo daughter has sex for the first time, how do you respond?

You go to her boyfriends house and kick his ass.

This explains why your son has a black eye too.
0 Replies