Science and Technology always disproving religion.

JLNobody

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:55 pm
Frank, this is hopeless. I'm trying to indicate a perspective, not propose a "belief system." If the latter were the case you would understand what I'm trying to "peddle." But REALLY, you have no idea of what that perspective is. I do not blame you or depreciate you for it. It is NOT an intellectual theory that you cannot grasp. But I do criticize your insistence on pretending to understand my perspective and to attack it with slogans that you repeat like political slogans.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Frank, this is hopeless. I'm trying to indicate a perspective, not propose a "belief system."

Yeah, sure!

A rose by any other name...

Quote:
If the latter were the case you would understand what I'm trying to "peddle." But REALLY, you have no idea of what that perspective is. I do not blame you or depreciate you for it. It is NOT an intellectual theory that you cannot grasp. But I do criticize your insistence on pretending to understand my perspective and to attack it with slogans that you repeat like political slogans.

If you want to stay in denial...stay in denial.

No skin off my nose.

But if you want to post your belief system here on the Internet...it is going to be dealt with as the belief system it is.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 01:21 pm
TEST:

Is existence dual...or non-dual...or do we not know?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 01:40 pm
You should not raise the issue of denial.

The question you present as a test--"Is existence dual...or non-dual...or do we not know?"--is proof of your misunderstanding. I am not talking about whether or not Reality is dual or nondual. It is both, depending on one's PERSPECTIVE. The task, as I have been framing it, is to be able to realize BOTH--to benefit from both perspectives.
I would say--but this is not central, and it IS a belief--that the Cosmos is a unitary (nondual) reality that manifests as a plurality of phenomena (like the many facets of a single diamond). But THAT has not been my central point here. I and others have recommended that for the sake of our psycho-spiritual welfare we enable ourselves to experience our life nondually. In that way we get a personal, phenomenological, glimpse of the unity of the Cosmos through an intuitive realization of our unity with the "objects" of our experience (remember: Tat Tvam Asi?). This is the mystical resolution of the subject-object split (that Tywvel has stressed).

Please do not respond with the usual disappointing, "Oh yeah?"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 02:56 pm
JLNobody wrote:
You should not raise the issue of denial.

The question you present as a test--"Is existence dual...or non-dual...or do we not know?"--is proof of your misunderstanding. I am not talking about whether or not Reality is dual or nondual. It is both, depending on one's PERSPECTIVE. The task, as I have been framing it, is to be able to realize BOTH--to benefit from both perspectives.
I would say--but this is not central, and it IS a belief--that the Cosmos is a unitary (nondual) reality that manifests as a plurality of phenomena (like the many facets of a single diamond). But THAT has not been my central point here. I and others have recommended that for the sake of our psycho-spiritual welfare we enable ourselves to experience our life nondually. In that way we get a personal, phenomenological, glimpse of the unity of the Cosmos through an intuitive realization of our unity with the "objects" of our experience (remember: Tat Tvam Asi?). This is the mystical resolution of the subject-object split (that Tywvel has stressed).

Please do not respond with the usual disappointing, "Oh yeah?"

A belief system by any other name...is still a belief system.

You...and Twyvel...are both in denial on this.

No problem. When specifics come up...I will challenge them.

In the meantime, if you are this much in need of your denial...keep it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:26 pm
Oh yeah?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:37 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Oh yeah?

That was funny! Laughing Laughing :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:28 pm
Good, you understand me. It was MEANT to be funny. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:30 pm
Frank is the only militant agnostic I've ever met. Kind of reminds me of the fundamentalist Christian who will literally die for his/her beliefs.
0 Replies