Marking for now, Seed.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 12:15 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
Seed, What you have written here is akin to a parable. It has some real potential and could very well be comparable to a TRUE new beginning.

The exposition is a mite slow and a wee bit confusing, but I think your idea is unique and worth developing.

You have managed to satirize the super hero and epitomize the villain through the comical persona of a pickle and an onion.

Keep developing that talent, my young friend.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:23 pm
thank you very much Letty. how could i pick up the pace as you said it was a bit slow? where was it confusing?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:40 pm
I really enjoyed it, but structurally, I would suggest proper paragraphing. That would make it easier to read, and perhaps less confusing. The concept and creativity are both great.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
in the form it is on in my computer it is in proper paragraphing. but when i cut and pasted it here this is how it turned out.... im glad you liked it though. this is one of my favorite stories
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:52 pm
Ahh...that happens to me too, regarding formatting. Maybe just edit the post to make it read as you intended.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
The Cav has spoken, and the Seed has explained. <smile>

Seed, the opening background was the only place that I tended to get a little lost. In a short story, the opening should be very clear as to what the rest of the story will fulfill. Next, comes the hook, and that's the place that a reader will become interested. When I realized your references to "hold the pickle--hold the onion", that was marvelous. Here is what I do. I read the story aloud to someone, and see if it sparks an interest. If not, have someone read it to YOU. That's the best way in the world to edit. You have a definite talent, Seed.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:57 pm
talent? i dont know... over active imgination? BINGO! this was spawned by my favorite joke as a little boy....What's green and flies? SUPER PICKLE!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:59 pm
Never question your inspiration, just embrace it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
Heh! heh. Mine was What's green and round and flies through the air?

Answer: A Brussel sprout tied to an airplane.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:05 pm
lol good stuff... i want t write a squel to this as well...come up with a justice league of condiment heros and villians
0 Replies