My friend wants to buy a pc.

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:28 am
Hi, how are you doing ?.I'm fine , thank you.Here is the thing , my friend called just about three minutes ago.He said that one of his friend that I know nothing about him asked him about the latest good pc specifications or features and also a considerable one Very Happy .Now , he has asked me this , because guess who is the computer guy ?! .It's me Cool

Yes , pleas help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 644 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:40 am
We need to have a lot more information, before we could even begin to think about recommending a computer.

What does the person want to spend?

What does he want to do with it................word processing, music burning, gaming, pictures etc? Does he want a computer that stays put, or a laptop that he can take with him? Is the sound on the computer important to him?

There are so many options nowadays with pcs that you want to spend your money in the areas that you will use, and not waste money on a lot of stuff that you won't use.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 06:43 am
Here is a place to start:

http://compreviews.about.com/cs/pchardwarebasics/a/aaWhatToBuy.htm
0 Replies

aftermath16computerWHIZ

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 09:10 am
I find that the good ol' fashion Macintosh with Mainframe back up, USB/ Digital Input Port is the best way to go. If you REALLY want to get the most out of your PC is suggest investigating an Anit-Virus Central Processing Protector Program to prevent any technical complications with your Temporary file storage, that may insinuate disruption in your everyday surfing needs.

Tell that to your friend buddy...
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
Thanks for your reply.He wants the desktop kind.He is a teacher, so I guess he would use it doing teaching stuff.Word processing is the way to go.Most people think about how speedy is a computer!.Like they want it for racing.My fellow isn't that monied Smile .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:33 am
If the computer if used mostly for word processing, a basic machine would do nicely.

Check this out:

You can compare different computers side by side:

Epinions/desktop computers

I have had two Dells, and I really like them.

This is another good site to compare computers:

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/top100/index/0,00.asp
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 10:25 am
Thanks , Phoenix. Do you know that the ancient Arabs had three impossible things , one of them was the phoenix.It's an old myth.

Thanks for your help Smile
0 Replies