writing ( 26 )

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:42 am
So, I asked about the hospital's name and took the first taxi I found .Then, I follwed her.

It took me ages , but the watch told me that it had been three hours until I was allowed to walk in the room.She was bound up like a mummy , with enough plaster to build a pharaoh like temple.Although , she was breathing and smiling.

I came close to her in veneration , and asked her a silly question," how are you Ms. ( Bankroft )?". She laughed for a second , then sighed in pain and said," I am just like you see , but these gentlemen didn't know what a tough woman I am " .Then , she looked at me with her gray blueish , overstrained eyes, and said," are you coming back to live in the hotel ?".I said while passing my neck through the tubes forest that was surrounding her,
-"I don't have another place to go , and mostly I'm going to put off my leaving a little later until you are alright .She said firmly ,
-"Don't stay at the hotel !".
-"But..the rent..and.. "
-"Don't be ridiculous ..go now and pack up your things, then look for any hotel.If you were to sleep in the public park , don't hesitate.I thought a little and said,
-"I haven't told the major and ( Sandra ) yet".
-"Don't do , they know anyway".
-"So , you are alone in this world".
-"Im a lone , but God with me .So , I don't have to be afraid".
-"Why shouldn't I tell ( Sandra) at least ".
-"Don't , and be careful ".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 468 • Replies: 8
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:30 pm
Wow, that needs a lot of editing. Not to be rude. The punctuation draws more attention than the text. Generally punctuation comes before quotation marks. Also, most of your spaces are before the commas and periods when they should be after. This may sound nit-picky, but it is currently ruining the piece.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:49 pm
Yes, I've been correcting you on that since writing(1) and you still do it every time, Nav...

Another one is that you have no spaces around your periods; there should be two spaces after a period.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:51 pm
Actually, nowadays one space is considered more correct. I however refuse to conform. Two spaces always made more sense to me.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 04:57 pm
Quote:
Actually, nowadays one space is considered more correct. I however refuse to conform. Two spaces always made more sense to me.

Whoa, interesting factoid. Incidentally, you do conform...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 05:03 pm
Only if it's a typo. I've never purposefully written on with just one space. It would feel kind of like walking out of my bedroom with a nice shirt and no pants.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:06 pm
A typo? You must have pretty slipper fingers, then...because I noticed long ago that you always use single spaces after your periods...and I think it looks funny.

I mean, you have done it 9 times on this thread with a single space and 0 times with a double space!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:09 pm
Not so, quote me, and you'll see the double spaces. I think A2K crunches down any number of spaces to one. For example, quote this post. Smile
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 04:35 am
Ok , sorry stuh Embarrassed .This might be because I copied the text after writing it using the word processor to here immediately .I feel bad.I wrote this last night and I was a bit mixed up.

But , show me my other mistakes and I'd appreciate that .

I know , I stink and will never learn.HAVE MERCY
0 Replies