New International Iraq Poll

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 05:09 pm
The latest international Gallup poll shows that the population in 41 countries think military action is likely to be launched against Iraq in the next few months. But half of this population is not in favour of military action under any circumstances.

The poll found sentiment in favour of military action against Iraq strongest in the United States and Australia, while six in 10 in France and Russia and half in Germany opposed it under any circumstances.

The polls, published yesterday, were compiled from January 15 to 25 and so do not capture possible opinion shifts resulting from United Nations inspectors' reports on Iraqi disarmament and US President George W Bush's State of the Union speech.

Gallup International, an association of independent polling companies, conducted the surveys among 29,822 respondents by telephone and in person

Gallup International Iraq Poll 2003
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,130 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 05:32 pm
Walter, How will you respond if WMD's are found in Iraq? c.i.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 05:39 pm
c.i.

Actually, I wasn't questioned by Gallup.

I do think that there should be equal handling re. regarding UN resolutions and WMD's, everywhere.

I do think that I war could be started, when there is a direct thread to that country and all other (diplomatic etc) possibilities are exhausted.

This was asked (at least in some way) by Gallup, however, not to me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 06:15 pm
I know that! I"m purposely asking YOU for an answer. Wink c.i.
0 Replies