a bug's story

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 11:59 am
Hi , maybe this is not the good place for this.But , I thought since I wrote , it should be here.Practice what matters anyway Rolling Eyes

This story about a bug called " mycobacterium avium ", which causes the hot tub sickness.This bug grows in the innards of a hot tub.Bathers in this breathe water steam droplets that are carried by this nasty bug.This make them very sick.However , bathers using an outside located hot tub don't pick such things because the fresh air dissipates the steam not like the indoor bathers.

The story treated the sickness as an isolated phenomenon , and said that doctors believe it's under-diagnosis.The bug has next of kin illnesses , like a humidifier lung , peigeon keeper's lung and the mushroom picker disease.

A project studied the case for a long time said that many people who have AIDS often have this bug .After my search on the internet about this bug , I learnt that this bug is also prone to cause problems with people who have their immune system under stress.

I also found out that it has an effect on cattle industry.People or farmers who don't keep their pens clean and don't clean the manure often get this bug.Our mothers and grandmother say , " cleanliness is next to Godliness ".They were pretty much smart coockies.

The story by Glenn Haege / Special to The Detroit News
More here http://www.detnews.com/2003/homeimprovement/0304/05/e26-107899.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 427 • Replies: 0
No top replies