ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:36 pm
maxisoneinamillion - get some of the crazy yarn, and some plain yarn (in one of its component colours), and knit 'em together.

or do the giant needles thing.

i'm not a big fan of the giant needles approach. i tend to catch the holes on my earrings and end up with a scarf hangin' off of the edge of my ear while i try to get things separated without removing an earlobe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:34 pm
Smiling...

I don't know a thing about crazy yarn, but when I had all that good yarn from France, etc., there were angoras and cottons and fine wools and I dealt with it by using the most I had as a base and combining the angora, and similar, with other things, so that many rows were different but that the general weight of each row was similar, if not the same.

I'm going to have to haul that vest, and the total mohair one, to work and photo them in daylight...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:03 pm
So, can you knit with two strands of yarn at once - all the way through a scarf.... or would that be mayhem?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:05 pm
oh, and I'm done with my niece's scarf and she's willing to wait until xmas for it. So, perhaps I'll make one for my mom now, in a silk yarn.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:21 pm
I am currently working on a knitting project which involves several balls of yarn and some pointy metal sticks.

I certainly hope I'm up to the challenge.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:24 pm
is the yarn something you spun yourself? Out of capabara fur or back hair?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
knitting for a circus troupe again? remember, the last fakhir (the dude that lies down on a bed of nails) didn't survive your knitting result. Easy on those metal sticks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:25 pm
Dag! I was just wondering when you were getting back.....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:26 pm
Go ahead and laugh, you two. I happen to be knitting your Christmas sweaters.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:27 pm
Can we just have moonshine instead?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:32 pm
I'm hurt, littlek. Deeply.

The fact that I've been toiling away over a couple of hot needles for the last several months, knitting you a beautiful green sweater with a nice smiling Santa Claus on the shoulders, and all you're concerned about is a cheap drunk.

I thought I knew you better than that, k. I really did.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:33 pm
aaaw, ok, I'll take the sweater.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:36 pm
< lets out sigh of relief and continues to knit like crazy, tongue sticking out of the corner of mouth, face a study of concentration >
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:37 pm
I can't wait!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 09:52 pm
oh! i hope you will be able to finish mine before christmas too!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 10:10 pm
your what?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:09 am
my arse, what else!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:24 pm
Back on double threads, I switched what made up the doubles within a vest.. of course you have to tie off/knot. But lots of knots on the inside have their own charm.

Or if you keep various yarns going in some semiorderly manner, you can probably pull the yarn through to where you want it next with a crochet hook.

Hard to describe just in words.

Reminds me, I saw a woman blowing up (enlarging) knitting patterns at our local arch/engineering copier place...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:52 pm
mmmmm.... I'm jonsing for more yarn.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:27 pm
ohhhhhhhoh

the yarn jonesing

it can lead to trouble

like 3 rubbermaid giant totes full of knitting yarn

Yikes, ossoB! Tieing off of yarn is NOT acceptable. Sign of a lazy knitter. There are a number of tidy ways of weaving in new balls of yarn. No knotting or tieing. Patterns that use multiple skeins of yarn require the ability to carry extra strands across the back of work. Nothing should be carried more than 3 stitches before it's twisted around the yarn it's travelling behind.
0 Replies