Mosque shooting in Quebec by bigots or paid off for propaganda purposes?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:22 pm
@McGentrix,
I have given up on Lash and Frugal.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:04 pm
@maxdancona,
You're trying really hard to find some indignation.

There were several incidents of people lying about attacks.

You should be able to hear that fact repeated without losing your mind. It appears that wasn't the case in this instance.

You seem overwrought.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:53 pm
@Lash,
Several people were shot dead in a place of worship. And you are suggesting that the victims may be at fault.

My idignation at this thread is sincere.
Lash

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:11 pm
@maxdancona,
You've grossly misread.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 01:53 am
George Soros paid the CIA to do 9/11, right?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:58 am
@hightor,
Trump's cheerleaders, and Lash is one of those no matter how much she pretends otherwise, prefer their own nonsense to facts everyday. The only news they accept is that which fits in with their own prejudices.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:59 am
@maxdancona,
Fair play for getting something right for once.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 05:02 am
Canadian police have charged a French-Canadian student over the fatal shooting of six Muslim worshippers at a mosque in Quebec.

Alexandre Bissonnette faces six counts of first-degree murder and five of attempted murder.

The 27-year-old briefly appeared in a Quebec City court over Sunday evening's attack, during evening prayers at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre.
According to local media, Mr Bissonnette studied political science and anthropology at Laval University, whose campus is about 3km (two miles) away from the mosque.

Francois Deschamps, an official with an advocacy group, Welcome to Refugees, said the suspect was known for his far-right views.

Mr Bissonnette was "unfortunately known to many activists in Quebec for taking nationalist, pro-Le Pen and anti-feminist positions at Laval University and on social media," Mr Deschamps posted on the organisation's Facebook page.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38805163
Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 06:15 am
Preliminary news reports seem designed to lead people to think there was a suspicious backstory.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/suspect-in-quebec-mosque-attack-quickly-depicted-as-a-moroccan-muslim-hes-a-white-nationalist/
Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 06:46 am
@George,
Two were initially arrested. Widely reported.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/29/americas/quebec-mosque-shooting/index.html?client=safari
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 08:28 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
My idignation at this thread is sincere.

I agree that such spreading of fake "false flag" rumours is disgusting. It's adding insult to injury.

But the alternative is unthinkable for the likes of Frug and Lash: it's the idea that hatred actually kills, that the anti-muslim rhetoric of Trump and co (including by Le Pen, including by your average internet troll) can in the end lead a few lunatics to take such rhetoric seriously and to KILL ACTUAL PEOPLE.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 08:33 am
@Lash,
The word for this is bigotry, Lash.

There was nothing in the news reports that led me to think there was a suspecious backstory. What there was was a foreign sounding name.

There were no reports reputible officials or news sources that would make a reasonable person think that Jews staged their own killings to gain sympathy for Jews.

This is bigotry, nothing more.
Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:19 am
@maxdancona,
People caught and arrested for lying about attacks to foment violence against Trump supporters.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/95450002/?client=safari

There was a spate of these crimes in the run up to Trump's election. THEY HAPPENED though you're trying to employ the ever popular lame ass establishment Democrat favorite- gaslighting- to try to hide from it.

Try the truth. You might survive it.

Olivier5

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:25 am
@Lash,
This is not fake. It is a real terrorist attack, on real Muslims, perpetrated by a real Trump fan. What's so hard to understand here?

Spreading hatred has consequences.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:30 am
@Olivier5,
Part of the problem is that the posters you reference have a penchant for fake news sites.

Perhaps someone can help them identify sites that are more likely to carry correct news/information. The information that there was one shooter - and that that one shooter was a white Quebecois was known before this thread was started. George clarified a portion of it very quickly - others attempted to correct the balance of the information.

It was easy to see where people were getting their news. Fox news for example, carried on with the wrong information for many hours after most standard media sources.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:35 am
@izzythepush,
I do wonder why Quebec is the province where mass shootings happen in Canada. I don't know enough about what society is like there. What creates the Bissonnettes?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:42 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Perhaps someone can help them identify sites that are more likely to carry correct news/information.

I assume this is in jest? Frugy is paid for. He carries the messages that his handlers want him to carry, period, and Lash has decided some time ago that the truth of a statement was only determined by the degree to which it belittled Hillary Rodham Clinton...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:47 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I do wonder why Quebec is the province where mass shootings happen in Canada.

Wikipedia has a long list of massacres done in all corners of Canada, so that does not seem true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Canada
McGentrix

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:49 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

... perpetrated by a real Trump fan. .

où avez-vous entendu?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 09:51 am
@Lash,
Lash. People were shot, and killed, in a place of prayer.

Do you really not see why blaming the victims for their own murder is unjustified?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.52 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:26:02