Merging previous business' Facebook page with current page.

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:07 am
I have a Facebook page for a business that is now closed. This page has on it around 600 likes, my current (month old) business has around 100 likes.
Now I'd like to merge the old page with the new one. The problem is that the old page was a bar and the new page is retail... I know it's not really the done thing as the old 'likers' liked the bar and I would be showing them things they wouldn't necessarily have an interest in - but that's what the unlike button is for. It is based at the same address, I created both pages but they are vastly different areas. Would I be risking Facebook unpublished both my pages by going ahead? Can I sneekily change the name/details on the old page then merge them? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 922 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:55 am
@Guineapig12345,
Take the one with 600 likes and tell the followers it is changing and here are the new parameters (it's now retail or whatever). Tell the followers in the 100 likes page you are shifting over to the other and will close the 100 likes page in 30 days.

Await any chaos, and invite people from the 100 likes page to like the 600 likes page. Please don't do anything sneaky, you lose followers that way and, frankly, it's really underhanded.
0 Replies