Facebook page manager is gone

Shagold

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 02:03 am
I am working for a former political figure who had someone managing their Facebook page in the past. The page manager is nowhere to be found and this political figure wants to regain access to their page, the problem is that they only have Editor access at the moment. We can provide all the proof needed to show this person's right to manage its' own page - I.D, Editor account details, and everything Facebook will ask us to send to them.
We tried to reach out to Facebook in many different ways but we didn't get any help.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 929 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 11:56 am
@Shagold,
Facebook help, unfortunately, isn't too terribly helpful.

If you can start again, do so. I realize that's probably not what you want to hear but it's exceptionally hard to retrieve a page or group when the only administrator has flown the coop.

And, next time, make sure that the person who the page is about is an administrator-- even if they're the world's biggest Luddite. That keeps this from happening again.

Oh and a third administrator is a good idea.

You, the political figure, and a third person.

PS about the only reason you can't just start over again is if the old page has a lot (only you can decide what "a lot" means in context) of followers and/or there's a lot of content. Content can be downloaded and copied. Followers can get a new link and invitations. Yes, you will lose some of them.

It's one of the consequences of not locking down ownership of the page, I'm sorry to say.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 23 May, 2021 10:18 pm
Is this "page manager" person dead? If not, then they are somewhere to be found.

Perhaps a more robust attempt to find them is in order. Have you tried hiring a private investigator yet?
0 Replies