I keep hearing beeping ... can anyone help explain?

afyam

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:04 pm
It's definitely my Cingular Phone
My Cingular GSM phone causes these funny staccato rhythms to play on my speakers.

In this pattern...
T ... T T T ... T T T ... T T T .. T T

Crazy, please make it stop!!
Anthony
Reyuna

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:11 pm
come to think of it...I have a Cingular cell phone too... Shocked
0 Replies

Bruce Foley

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:10 pm
Strange beeping sounds
I just did a search on the web for strange beeping sounds originating from normal household electronic equipment. I found your posted item and felt compelled to reply.

For the last month, I've heard strange beeping signals from a number of my normal household electronic items (e.g. computer speakers, radio alarm clock, cell phone). This series of short beeps typically has some degree of distortion or static, followed by a single pattern of beeps. The pattern is always the same! As odd as this sounds (and no one really believes me either), I hear this same pattern on infrequent occassions sometimes on my home computer, sometimes at work, sometimes in the car when I'm on the cell phone. I was in Oklahoma recently for business, and I heard the same series of beeps on my laptop (no internet connection). I also heard the same beeps, while talking to my wife on the hotel phone. She confirmed that she heard the beeps over the phone as well. I have no idea what these beeps mean, and why I'm suddenly hearing them. If anyone has any insight, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks
0 Replies

bunnaygirl

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:18 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Cingular GSM phone causes these funny staccato rhythms to play on my speakers.

In this pattern...

Crazy, please make it stop!!
Anthony
I can tell you right now that sound occurs when you get a text message or are about to get a phone call on your mobile. It happens when people next door or near by are getting messages too. That's what it is from, no doubt about it. :wink:
0 Replies

jonzane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:23 am
same thing
ok so tonight im talking on my cell phone, i have Cingular for a phone company, and well i kept hearing the same beeping pattern. beep. beep beep beep. beep beep beep. beep beep. beep beep... i would as well like to know whats going on...
0 Replies

bunnaygirl

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:29 am
Hey like i just said, it happens when you or someone near you gets a phone call or text message. It happens to me all the time. It can happen on radios or computer speakers or TVs or anything. Don't stress it's nothing bad if it sounds like the pattern afyam was talking about
0 Replies

jonzane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:42 am
hmm
well the pattern afyam was talking about i hear all the time through my amps for my guitar, but mine was a beep while i was on my cell phone, it sounds like the beep that tells you to talk on a answering machine, but not a long beep a short beep that happens in patterns of 3s and 2s.
0 Replies

bunnaygirl

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:57 am
So we have the 'afyam pattern' figured out, but there are different sounds too? It would be easier to tell you what it was if i could hear it. Confused Did this other beep come from your guitar amp too? Coz it's kinda hard to imagine a answering machine beep come through a guitar amp..
0 Replies

jonzane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:00 am
hmm
no the answering machine sound came only from my cell phone. whats weird is that if the person i was talking to was talking and the beeping happened it would cut them out and then beep. it was very strange.
0 Replies

bunnaygirl

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:06 am
actually this happened to me yesterday too come to think of it. my battery was low but not quite out. it cut me off and im not sure why. i had reception and everything. did you have good reception? coz sometimes it does that like a warning its gonna cut you off.
0 Replies

jonzane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:02 pm
yea i was at almost full reception.. i haven't had it at all today though... i will post if it happens again.
0 Replies

imahoot

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 07:46 pm
HERE IS THE REASON YOUR SPEAKERS BEEP
I had a Nokia and lost it last week. It was old I liked it. I knew if I ever lost it that it is mandatory to upgrade to some newer phone. Why? DUH. Because they put new spy stuff in them. They even have a camera so they can see you and your buddys. I have a great camera, why put one on my phone that stinks? Hello.

Do a search for GPS and your phone (mine is a motorola v220)

you will find that the excuse they use to track you everywhere you go is that it makes it easy to call 911 and have them know where you are.

But they did that without GPS on my other phone via cell towers.

Grab your phone and turn on its browser and put it up to any speaker. Voila hear that? its your phones wireless calling out.

Mine makes speakers go off every 30 minutes. That damned thing is phoning home and letting somebody know where I am. Neat huh?

We need a revolution and kick these dictators out of town.
0 Replies

josef27

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 12:39 am
beeping
Hey, I was searching on google and found this because this kind of beeping seems to be following me around too.. It mostly happens in my car, so I thought my old speakers were going bad.. But I realized that I think it only happens when my girlfriend is in the car, and she has a new Motorola V220 phone with Cingular! When I thought about it a little, I can't remmeber it ever happening to me when I was alone.. (I've got an old Motorola V120C on Verizon). So what's Cingular sending to these phones to make them make electronics beep, and how is it sending it? It's deffinitely that same morse-code sounding pattern described by a few people above. Very freaky, we heard it on my stereo that wasn't even plugged in tonight... I'd be interested to know what Cingular is up to. (BTW i'm in NJ, anyone else?)
0 Replies

leova

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 04:31 pm
another "beeper" Sad
Greetings Smile

I've recently gotten a similar problem on my PC, and trolling through Google led me here...

The problem is that my speakers make a constant "beeping" noise. its not morse code, nor in any sort of pattern, just a single beep every 2 seconds. It stops when the speakers shut off, but other programs/hardware have no effect on it...

I have an old Nokia, but it didnt make the beeping sound several days ago at college(im back for the summer), so i dont think its the phone...

Any ideas?
0 Replies

melsyb

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:41 pm
the beeps
Our household has also been experiencing these random code like beeps. The computer, clock radio, both tv's, car radios and cell phones have been beeping all kinds. I have no idea what it is either. The cell phone interference is logical enough, but i've had a cell phone for ever and these sounds have only been happening for two years or so. They were happening before I even had a PC - on my tv speakers. The newest edition is the clock radio beeps, two days ago they started. I have lived in numerous states in houses and apartments and they are randomly consistant regaurdless of locale. I have considered aliens, and communications from those that have passed as possible causes also. It is a joke now when they beep that my "friends are trying to talk to me." Strange that neighbors in the vacinity don't get the same thing if there were some kind of --- It just happened
do doot da doot doot da doot doot doot
9 sounds in a rhythm. What the heck is this?
0 Replies

seneca

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:45 pm
strange beeps in Atlanta
I have noticed the beeps as well. They started about a week ago, with the a Morse code like sound. The tone seems to be a slightly noisy 60 cycle/ sec. It starts with a very perceptible click, and then a "dot" followed by a series of nine "dashes" as in Morse code. Finally it ends with another "dot". At first I thought this was yet another crappy computer problem until I was astonished to hear the exact same series of sounds coming from the alarm clock as well! My girl friend who lives with me also noticed, so I know I am not crazy. Here is the really odd thing of it: I have logged the times and found the intervals between them to be 54, 45 and 36 minutes apart so far. These intervals are not random, as I first thought. Can anyone tell me what in blazes causes my alarm clock, and my computer to send Morse code at intervals divisible by nine minute increments ?? More importantly, how can I resolve this BS?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:09 pm
I am late to this thread but have you considered you may have a walnut sized tumor in your pareital lobe?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 08:30 am
They need to go in for a checkup so that their bio-telemetry devices can be re-tuned.

Alternately, keep one's cell phone away from electronics with speakers.
0 Replies

FndHsWll

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:04 am
Beeps...they follow me!
I too have heard code like beeps!!!! I thought I was crazy, and it follows me EVERYWHERE!!! I have Cingular phone service and that's about when it started! I have had MotoV3 and now I have a blackberry and it still does it at work and home and anywhere i am around electronics. I was so scared it was spiritual, and didnt know what to do. Maybe I'm not crazy or haunted after all Very Happy
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 04:36 pm
http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2005/08/whats_the_buzz.html

Subsequent research and literally dozens of comments below indicate the problem has to do with the fact that Cingular's network uses GSM, a popular standard for mobile phone communications. That frequency gets picked up easily by unshielded devices with speakers, apparently.
0 Replies