I keep hearing beeping ... can anyone help explain?

sp2rays

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:30 pm
I appreciate all of your senses of humor; although this is a strange somewhat serious matter (to me) it is always good to have a lighter side to whatever the ordeal is.

As strange as the bleeping noise's came they have seemed cease. Well, that was until 0230 this morning. We were experiencing a pretty powerful storm which kept me awake longer than usual and considering my Mom was sleeping over I turned my computer so if the noises did happen they would not startle her while she slept. My son and I had just finished watching a movie and decided to retire in. Well, low and behold as soon as I laid my head down and turned off the light, the radio in the restroom started erratically playing the bleeping sounds. I got up and went to see where the volume setting was, it was minimal although the bleeping sound was loud enough to hear from the bedroom. It was the same pattern although more erratic .I actually had to unplug the power to stop the sound.

Keep it coming, let's find out what this all means.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 03:51 pm
Turn off the dang radio, for cry'n out loud!
0 Replies

sp2rays

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:01 pm
Maybe I mislead the volume was on low, the radio off and the alarm was not set. Sunday you know. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:07 pm
I accidentally hit the alarm button on my bedside radio, and it went off at 5AM. Boy, was the Mrs mad!
0 Replies

sp2rays

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:32 pm
Conclusion... BOO HOO!!!
Nice piece to the end of the puzzle. "cicerone imposter"

See you in the next world!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kokiburi

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 03:53 pm
can anyone explain?
I wonder if anyone seems to be experience the same things as I have when it comes to speakers. No one I have spoken to (who believe me) are able to come up with a possible explanation. Over the past year I have began to notice some wierd sounds coming out of TVs and even computer speakers when I am around. It is always the same noise which sounds like a very low pitched beeping/thumping. It is incredibly hard to describe. I first noticed it on my TV in the bedroom and disregarded it as probelms with the cable because it would do it when it was on.
Then I noticed as I went to a friends house that there computer would make that noise through their speakers, the same exact sound that came out of my TV but alot louder. My friend double checked his speakers and did not find a thing wrong with his computer. He also said the noise only occurs when i walk into the room the computer is in or if i get on the computer. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens about every other time i'm around his computer (i walk out of the room and the noise stops)
The other TV that I had issues with is the little one in my neices bedroom. I currently had stayed the night at my sisters house and had to sleep in her daughter's room, when that same noise played out of her TV. I was very disturbed because the TV was not even turned on and I was trying to go to sleep but after a couple of minutes it quieted down and then silenced.
The odd noise has even followed me to work, as my part time job as a telemarketer requires me to put on headphones. I can hear that same series of thumps ands beeps except very faint.
I thought it was all in my head, and I don't want people to think im wierd but my friend with the computer can vouch for me. He can't seem to explain it either.
I wonder if anyone can explain this because its started to get on my nerves and now after that movie "The White Noise" coming out, im almost believing dead people are trying to talk to me. Shocked
Could it be my body is producing too much eletromagnetic radiation that effects speakers? I know nothing about electronics or even much about science but if anyone can give me a possible scientific explanation i would be very appreciated. Thanks.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 04:36 pm
You must throw off some electrical charge....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 04:37 pm
Do you have a cell phone or electronic equipment on you all the time?
0 Replies

dbzlotrfan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 10:52 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Cell phone sounds like the culprit.

not always even I have gotten this "sound" before, I sometimes got it when I was even at gymnastics. no where near any turned on cell phones, just near a radio that was playing music, that's all that was in the room that was electronic (except for watches I guss). I have also gotten it when I was at my grandmothers house in Casper, Wyoming, I was just in the basement with my brother and dad, with a 2 - 1 pingpong table/pool table. Just a sort big TV (not like the size of some today, more of like a more expensive TV from the Sims, but not the floating ones).
0 Replies

tebbets

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:43 pm
I'm not crazy!!
Thank god other people are hearing this too!!!

It is our cell phones. I finally figured it out at work. I have to leave my phone in my purse, no where near my desk. It makes my land line phone, the computer, and the clock radio all beep. If my phone is in the living room, the TV does it too. Drives me batty!! I tried to look up info, but found nothing.

This is a newer phone. Didn't notice it with any of my other phones. I have an LG1400 with Cingular.
0 Replies

GrinCDXX

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:03 am
I get the same thing with my cellphone...I think it maybe happening more recently because it could be possible that the newer GSM sets and networks have stronger signals...Im not sure about that but it seems to fit.
0 Replies

prcrlc

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:13 pm
Beeping
I have the same thing coming from my computer speakers. Sounds like Morse Code, lasts for a second or two, and repeats after a long interval. I haven't written down the times it has occurred so I don't know the actual frequency of occurrence, if the frequency is random, etc.

I do often keep my Motorola V400 cell phone nearby. I am in the flight patch of a major airport (Atlanta, 15 miles away) so radar is a possibility though I think it unlikely. It would take a lot of power to spin off lower frequency harmonics in household transducers like computer speakers. I can't imagine airplanes firing that much power on their active radar.

I agree it could be another household appliance sending a spike through the ac but then my computer speakers are filtered by an Tripplite Isotel.

My speculations to date have involved poorly written spyware sending outgoing messages (AdAware SE, Spybot S&D, SpySweeper and my XP Firewall seem to discredit this possibility), surviellance devices, etc., though none seem probable. Maybe just an XP or Athlon bug.

Still scratching my head.
0 Replies

tankhimo

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 05:38 pm
CIngular
I hear the same beeps - started when I switched to Cingular Wireless.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 07:02 pm
Have you seen your ear doctor yet?
0 Replies

brandie

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 01:30 pm
Re: I keep hearing beeping ... can anyone help explain?
stange as it may sound..... so my co-worker just had the same thumping on her computer and thinks it happens when her cell phone is too close... another co-worker overheard the noise and said he's been looking for the source the past couple nights in his house.. it was driving him crazy because he couldn't find it...SO... I'm not sure if you've got a cell or if it's close to the electonics or if it's related at all... but i'll continue to search the net for a scientific answer and let you know what i find out... please do the same! : )
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:53 am
I just love the fact that you can post "I keep hearing beeping..." and around 2000 people look in to see what's going on.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 11:36 am
As for thumping in the computer:

http://katespot.com/archives/2004/12/snake_in_the_bo.html

Poor Paco.
0 Replies

dknospam

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:49 am
Having the same noise...
Every so ofter my computer would make a beeping noise while I was working on it. Annoyed because it is brand new I thought it had something wrong. Heard the same noise on my accountants computer while I was sitting in front of it searching the net and I thought was strange (for more reasons than one: I live in FL and my accountant is in PA). Last night I woke up and heard the same noise through my radio/alarm clock (that my son must have turned on but left the volume at minimum. That prompted me to scan the net for sugestions and led me to this post.

So, the cellphone? I have a cheap and older Nokia and used to be with AT&T but they have been bought out by ... Cingular !!!
0 Replies

Reyuna

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 03:22 pm
I have this same problem! But I hear it mostly in my car speakers, and only when I have a tape or cd in. I have also heard it on my friend's computer speakers and some speakers at school, but only when an external device (a metronome...they were band speakers Rolling Eyes ) was plugged into them. It's really annoying.

My band teacher said it was cell phone interferance, but that doesn't explain why I hear it when a cd is in, but not on the radio. Plus it wasn't that bad at first, but it's been happening more and more recently. If it was just cell phone interferance, wouldn't it always have been the same?

I don't really care what's causing it (though I am curiours) but does anyone know a way to stop it? Extra shielding on wires or something?
0 Replies

Wicked

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:24 pm
I have heard the same sounds from my computer speakers. It happens more often when i have my turned on cell phone on my desk. Funny that it happens to others to, i thought i was just me. :wink:

Oh and I recently switched to cingular as well.
0 Replies