Rednex (musical group) video game?

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 12:29 pm
Back in 1999, I came across an adventure game which featured the then popular musical group, Rednex.

I played the game on an iMac while visiting friends in England.

I have since looked on the internet and never found that game for sale or download. In fact, I've not even found a mention of it, which is really weird, since one can find even the most obscure things via Google (except Rednex video games apparently).

I wonder if you know where I can get a copy for PC.

Thanks,

General Tsao
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,056 • Replies: 2
No top replies

random guy

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 06:16 pm
The Rednex game
I know this topic is old, but I haven't been able to find any mention of the game anywhere on the net, so for Google's and information's sake:

The game is called "In B(r)ed With Rednex" and I guess it's made with Macromedia Director. It features pre-rendered 3D scenes with interactive elements in them. You solve each of the band members / characters "puzzles" while exploring the small village of Brunkeflo, the only citizens of which are the members of Rednex. There's also some mentions of a guy named "Old Pop" which is supposed to live down by the oak, but he's never seen. After solving all five "puzzles" (or minigames), you are able to blow up the old blocked mine entrance, and after riding a mine cart with the Rednex guys to New York the game ends.

I have the game on a CD-ROM (which is a combined Data/Audio CD featuring four Rednex tracks on the Audio part), distributed by BMG in 1995. Mine probably came with an issue of Future Music magazine. In the jewelcase inlet it says "For bundle use only - not for resale". And the fact that it's Mac only likely adds to the obscurity of this game.

Since the game is likely to be considered abandonware by now, I could probably upload the game to Isohunt or some other place, but I unfortunately don't have neither bandwidth nor time.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 03:20 pm
Thank you!
Wow, finally, after three years I got a response, how cool is that?

I appreciate all the info you provided. Too bad it's a Mac only game.

I wonder if anyone has made a PC knockoff of it?

Thanks so much for the detailed info.

Incidentally, it seems to me that the Rednex band went up for sale recently (perhaps in the past year).

Gen. Tsao
0 Replies