help with front page 2003

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 07:05 pm
Have a site published with an older version of FP. Bought a new computer with FP 2003. I successfully reverse published to get the remote site on my local drive. It worked fine for a couple weeks but now I'm having issues.

Every time I click "publish" it asks me to define the remote site properties. That's fine, but when I click "OK" it says "unable to access example.com because its..." blah, blah. It goes on to suggest that it might be a proxy setting or something.

Now, what's really odd is that if I log out of WinXP and log in as my wife, it publishes fine. I know its some setting that got changed somehow, but I double checked to see that all the settings are the same in mine and my wife's side of XP.

I tried disabling Norton Anti Virus, resetting LAN/proxy settings, but I'm missing something. I also tried repairing FP 2003 with the CD.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 804 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Kedge

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 04:37 am
Do you have a firewall?
If it is one installed on your PC maybe your wife's login has the relevant ports opened and they are closed on your login?
0 Replies