Just a little something on my mind.

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:43 pm
What is this place that we call life, and why is it that we're here? What are we doing good for the world? All I can see is bad. How is it that we can block out the horrible things around us? I can't, and I won't. We are not living life, we are destroying it. For every tree we cut down in the rain forest, a cure could have been. Is money really worth the lives of millions of people? Sex offenders, thieves, murderers, going to jail to live the high life, with t'v's, cooked meals, warm beds. While the rest of us are working our asses off to support them. There are kids starving on the street with nowhere to go, While we're off spending our big bucks without considering there may be people out there who can't have the things we take for granted. So many things we take for granted. We don't live life, we block it. We need to open our eyes, and make a stand to change this corrupt world. We all know it, but will we do it? Of course not! It's easier to pretend it doesn't exist.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 429 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 07:15 am
Have you considered putting this in verse and stanzas? I think it would work really well. Breaking up the lines will give them emphasis, and you are discussing important themes. As prose, a reader may just gloss over the piece. As an example:

Sex offenders,
thieves,
murderers,
going to jail to live the high life,
with t.v.'s,
cooked meals,
warm beds.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
Good idea cav, if you want to, i'd be happy to see what you come up with. For me, I just wrote it this way because it wasn't really a poem or a story, it was just something that I feel very strongly about. I just wanted to express it. Thanks for commenting, and please mess with this if you want too.
0 Replies