Trivial grammar issue

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
I use the term "trivial" 'cuz so many helpful a2k'ers dismiss so many of my postings for that reason. So if you're one of 'em I invite you to skip this OP

In Sunday fliers of or Friendly Local Victorville Daily Press some advertisers in each title capitalize every word. Now those like me who scan 'em hoping to learn a new word now and agin are frustrated 'cause we don't know which ones are trade terms

Capitalizing everything is very commonplace all over

http://click.e-mail.swanson-vitamins.com/?qs=ad66265ccac93e334bfcaf68baa8680077ffde53931a12106b07237a946a2ae0f11d46d5e6826a0c

Now, "Super" and Clinical Strength" clearly are common but should I memorize the others
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 747 • Replies: 4
No top replies

centrox

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 01:30 pm
It is common to capitalise every word of a title or heading, which is what I see on that page you linked to.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 03:02 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
common to capitalise every word
Cen that's true, it's very common. In the Sunday fliers, for instance, about half the advertisers use caps for all words in each title. I had only hoped to find others like Your Average Fussbudget (me) who might look up a new word
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 03:56 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
I use the term trivial...

...should I memorize the others?

So you're saying this is a trivial pursuit?

By all means, memorize to your heart's content and do so until you are mesmerized.

Quote:
I had only hoped...

Perhaps you need to send a letter to the editor of the local rag...or have you been requested to cease and desist?
dalehileman

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 04:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
letter to the editor of the local rag
Yea thanks Stur but I've had it under way now for several days. When I mail I'll post a copy
0 Replies