Tattoo you

New Haven

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 05:57 am
Lasers easily remove tatoos. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 09:45 am
Laser removal of tattoos is possible. It is not easy. It's a lengthy process and I've been told that the healing can be very painful.

I was talking to a friend the other night about this - explaining the pre-tattoo routine most artists here require you to go through - she just about got hysterical with laughter, saying "you do know it's easier to have a baby, don't you".
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 10:25 am
About 12 years ago, JayBea and I are on the way up to stay at Timber Cove. She shares with me her wish to get a tattoo, but never had the nerve to get it. She asked if it would be okay and if I would mind. I said "what the hell", so we looked up a tattoo artist in Guerneville. She got her first tattoo that day ... and much to my dismay, do did I Smile She harrassed me into it. They were small tattoo's, on one cheek, (the one's you can't see), so I figured "what the harm?)

It has been kind of a tradition now, and we each now have about six tattoos in different and asundry places.

It's actually kind of neat, and we've got some really beautiful ones!! We haven't started riding Harleys yet though, but then, you just never know what we may do Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 10:42 am
Anon - that's great!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 10:47 am
I like that story!
I suspect there aren't enough Harley's for all the people who have tattoos.

hmmmmmm, are you allowed to have a Harley without a tattoo?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 06:22 pm
I got mine for myself, not for style, not for my harley riding needs, not for the group of peers...I think its something many 30 and 40 somethings are actually becoming more widespread of doing for themselves, an expression of sorts.

Funny though that the same age group still can come up with the typical stereotype of harley/tattoo being something one in the same...you kow the whole wild child or something effect.

I enjoyed one Discovery series on Tattoos that included women with total mastectomies, of which are in more years than I <probably close to almost double> of which have decided to decorate these areas, really beautiful stuff that I think does a great deal for them psychologically, as well as artistically for such a personal area of their lives.

Taking into consideration all the persons and reasons for tattooing as of recent, I think that there will be a greater acceptance, understanding, and non-bias in the future.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 07:44 pm
Just for the record, I mentioned harleys, trailer trash, and altamont because I believe that was probably the mindset of most of middle and upper class america when tattoos started to get popular in the late 80s or 90s. Some of us however, over time, were open minded enough to change our attitudes and that mindset and accept them, though I'm sure many still can't get that motorcyclist stereotype out of their heads.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:23 am
http://images.mcafee.com/en-us/dispatch/virusalert/V-Dis_biohazard_37x37.gif

Isn't that pretty? I wanted that tattoo'd at the base of my spine. I love the dichotomy between it's beauty and it's meaning.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:39 am
The biohazard sign is very nice, li'lk, and it is a really appropriate position, at least it would be on my body! LOL!

I have a yin-yang with fire and water on my upper left arm, was my first, and my second was a tribal design on my right shin, outside, but my pride is on my tummy, Calvin and Hobbes dancing!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:45 am
can you make them move at will?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:47 am
errr, nope, I gotta help them with my fingers a bit! kids and urs loves it!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:59 am
Hehehe
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 10:03 am
you should really come down to the Florida gathering, we'll start a tattoo contest, or something else!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 01:09 pm
http://www.funnydoodle.com/images/fp-150.jpg
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 02:32 pm
excellent k...just gotta love the symolism there..and yeah, it is a very nice design...how stange is that?
How about recycling, do you think that would work too?

Okay...Bart Simpson is a bit scary...but, thanks for sharin
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 02:34 pm
Don't you mean "butt, thanks for sharin" ?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 02:46 pm
oh yes, thank you for editing my post correctly...gosh
cant figure out why I didnt get that one right/wrong

good catch
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 03:28 pm
cjhsa - that's lovely!

Bigedice - I wish I could go.... but it's not happening.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:06 pm
i'm almost set for my next one - a dragonfly. had an interesting discussion with a woman at work today who's got a dragonfly where i've got my first tattoo - we were talking about the symbolism of the dragonfly living in 3 domains - water, then land, then air - she got her dragonfly to embody restarting her life, entering the world of free flight, after a bit of a personal disaster.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:12 pm
ehBeth, that's wonderful. I love dragonflies, and hadn't known/ thought about their symbolism. Very cool combination of esthetics and meaning.
0 Replies