Tattoo you

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:29 pm
I'm not going to be able to overcome my craving for another tattoo. I've been trying to decide what'll be next.

If you were going to get a tattoo, what would it be? Where would it be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,253 • Replies: 76
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:45 pm
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/21/20c.jpg on my right, upper arm..... Very Happy
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:45 pm
A full body butterfly!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:56 pm
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/dcc936cb/bc/My+Photos/Biswo+Bazra.jpg?bcaRgO.AXJPasDIJ

A biswo basra, destroyer of ignorance. Twisted Evil If I ever get it, prolly upper arm/ shoulder.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:57 pm
Anon - of course!

Soz, indian? I like it.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:10 pm
A what? No way Jose, even if I were drunk.
Since the rest of you enjoy the idea or have a tatoo, would you please explain to me what the fascination is. My 18 year old daughter recently had her belly button pierced which I think I dealt with pretty well. Of all the places she could have had puntured, that was the best option as far as this parent is concerned. I suppose if I were younger and lived in this generation as a teen I might consider it too, if I had a flat stomach.
It just seems so many are people are going overboard with all these additions to their body.
I can't help but wonder what everyones feelings will be about the things they've done to their body in their old age.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:12 pm
dlk - it's a fad. Something your daughter needs to do to express her independence - at least she's not on drugs!
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:01 am
ehBeth<

Please, no tatoo for me, but thanks for the thought!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 01:15 am
The one I have now in the middle of my back needs to be re-done, the color has faded some I have had it 10 years. If I got another one I would get a lime green dragon with the pearl of life.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:44 am
There are two place actually, if I ever have the courage to get my self tattooed

Back of my shoulder - a lizard climbing down
My ankle - Someone's name (And no, I won't tell you whose Wink )

But I wont ever get it done !!
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:57 am
I'm just now getting over my bias of them - the feeling that anyone that has one just drove their harley davidson out of the trailer park on their way to altamont. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Sorry folks. I'm beginning to like the more discreetly placed small ones. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:20 am
dlk - my current tattoo was my 45th birthday present to myself. i think i'll be ok with that when i get to old age :wink:
i've always loved tattoos, but wanted to wait til i was so old that no one could say it was a youthful folly to get one.
at the last couple of places i've worked (i'm in a very conservative industry) there have been more women than men with tattoos - no bikers goin' to altamount - quite a few health care professionals in the group

body decoration seems to have ebbed and flowed in popularity and acceptability, and changed in meaning over the centuries.

mine is rarely visible (it's on the top of my right foot), so it's very much for me, not anyone else. the next one will probably be similarly out of general public view.

there are certain biases in the tattoo profession about what types of designs they think are 'good' - some won't do any kind of 'tribal' work unless you can prove you 'deserve' it - others won't do tasmanian devils and other cartoon characters as they're too cliche.

i was curious whether people would prefer words, 'art' work, celtic armbands, nature scenes etc. (i was also trying to, sneakily, get some more ideas to throw into the hopper)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:26 am
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, i can't see sozobe's choice no matter what i try
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhh

JoanneD and Gautam, i like those choices (well, except for the name, i'd never recommend that, unless it's your child's). Anon, some of the butterfly patterns are very cool. I saw a pic in my artist's book, which was of a butterfly which he did across a woman's feet - it was amazing. Beautiful work.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:27 am
and i love littlek's :grin:
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 08:13 am
ehBeth,
I probably shouldn't have replied to with a post, since I knew right off that you were looking for ideas. You didn't ask anyone's opinion about having or gettting a tatoo. I just felt the need to put my two cents in anyway. I meant what I said in a nice way. Smile

littlek,
Up until my daughter turned 18 she wouldn't have been allowed to add a tatoo or piercing to her body.( except the two holes she has in her earlobes) She brought the idea up about the belly piercing which her dad was against more then I was. He was concerned about it somehow causing problems when and if she ever got pregnant. I figured she was just talking, being she hates needles and pain. When she had her ears pierced, in the beginning she passed out while turning them. She actually had to have them done twice, because she took her earrings out too soon after the piercing and they closed up.
She's 18 now, so she's on her own about the decisions she makes regarding her body. She is the one who has to live with herself, whatever choices she makes.
About the drugs, of course a piercing is a much better choice. Drugs is not an option as far as I'm concerned. She would have no reason to turn to them in the first place. There is nothing lacking in her life, there's always been open communication at home, and parents who have been good role models for her, who have always believed in setting a good example for their children to follow. The biggest struggle if any would have to be peer pressure, which she has always been able to overcome.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 08:19 am
good for you dlk! And, btw, if she gets pregnanat, she takes out the ring when she needs to. Simple as that. But, the hole will probably start to close immediately.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 08:19 am
Thanks Bethiepoo! Yours is lovely too, from the pix I've seen.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:06 am
ehbeth, my last tattoo was my birthday present for my 40th birthday. It's on my lower back (not THAT low), to the left and right of my spine - the Japanese (kanji) signs for courage. I like it very much.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:12 am
I really am surprised about peoples penchant for tatoos in here.
I have never and will continue not to consider one.
But hey,each to their own.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:30 am
http://www.celtech.ca/images/examples/dogs.jpeg

I've been considering putting this on the small of my back for years now. I bought this design in a pendant when I was 16 and wore it constantly. When I met the boy at 20, he had a tattoo on his arm with a similar pattern. We always joke that we'll get tattoos on our honeymoon. Knowing us, we probably will.
0 Replies