Sean Hannity interviews Assange

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 08:12 am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-03/jullian-assange-interviewed-sean-hannity-fox-news-live-stream

Quote:

"I have been detained illegally, without charge for six years, without sunlight, lots of spies everywhere. It's tough... but that's the mission I set myself on. I understand the kind of game that's being played - big powerful actors will try and take revenge...it's a different thing for my family - I have young children, under 10 years old, they didn't sign up for that... and I think that is fundamentally unjust... my family is innocent, they didn't sign up for that fight."

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 09:12 am
@gungasnake,
whats the Dumpster gonna do with him??
gungasnake

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 10:37 am
@farmerman,
Public pressure will probably force DT to pardon Assange for any charges arising from the United States. In the case of Sweden, muslim ¨refugees(TM)¨ will probably force the government to legalize rape in the near future, after which the Swedish rape charge against Assange will become moot, and the guy should be able to get on with his life.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:49 pm
@gungasnake,
E.g. the New York Observer says that the Swedish rape law will change when the current rightish government changes the laws created by the former left governments .... because these laws are "feminist extremism".
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 05:34 pm
Assange is a good illustration of the fallow nature of our partisan wing.

I don't know why he might lie about his source of the leaks, but I certainly don't put it past him to lie.

Now folks like Hannity welcome him on his show while liberals, who were once pronouncing him a hero, are throwing darts at him.

Integrity is hard to find.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 05:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Not many liberals were praising him. Most were praising Edward Snowden until they found out that he was passing on info to the Chinese and Russians as well as Assanage and wikileaks.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:08 pm
@RABEL222,
Nonsense
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 11:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Nonsense
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 12:15 pm
@maporsche,
Glad you agree
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 03:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
apparently we dont need an intelligence community if it keeps inicting our incoming president. We have Julian to provide us with the facts EH?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:05 pm
@farmerman,
Who has asserted anything like that?

I'm not saying the Russians didn't make mischief. They probably did. I've seen no evidence, though, that they actually determined the winner. To my knowledge, no one who might possess the full extent of intelligence on this has made such a claim, although the insinuation that it is the case has been spread far and wide.

I think Trump could have handled this better than he has, but considering the intent behind much of the hand-wringing and alarm, I'm not surprised he reacted as he did.

Also, considering that Clapper has already been caught in at least one outright lie while testifying before congress, I'm not going to blindly trust anything that comes out of his mouth.

If you've now seen the light on the exceeding virtue of the CIA, that's your prerogative.

maporsche

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'm not saying the Russians didn't make mischief. They probably did. I've seen no evidence, though, that they actually determined the winner. To my knowledge, no one who might possess the full extent of intelligence on this has made such a claim, although the insinuation that it is the case has been spread far and wide.

Do you see any evidence (not proof, mind you) that the Podesta emails being released may have increased distrust in HRC and the DNC and could have resulted in fewer votes (to some unknown degree) for HRC in the general election.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:17 pm
@maporsche,
Certainly, but that can't be described as Russia fixing the election for Trump.

And unless there is evidence that the leakers (whomever they are) altered the damning emails I don't really care where they came from.

Podesta and the DNC are far more to blame for the impact the email may or may not have had than the leaker.

If the email had revealed truly heinous crimes would anyone be going on about their source?

I'd like to think not.
mark noble

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:23 pm
@gungasnake,
Nice thought.

Chelsea manning should be released too.
True human-being.

Platonic = Pure man, enters world, hang on pole, example to all.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Certainly, but that can't be described as Russia fixing the election for Trump.

And unless there is evidence that the leakers (whomever they are) altered the damning emails I don't really care where they came from.

Podesta and the DNC are far more to blame for the impact the email may or may not have had than the leaker.

If the email had revealed truly heinous crimes would anyone be going on about their source?

I'd like to think not.

Hacking Podesta and the DNC, releasing the information and NOT doing that to the republican campaigns can be viewed as Russia INFLUENCING the election in favor of Trump, which I believe is the only thing being claimed.
mark noble

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:28 pm
@maporsche,
Exactly!
No evidence of hacking, wmd's, or ..... nvm.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:29 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Hacking Podesta and the DNC, releasing the information and NOT doing that to the republican campaigns can be viewed as Russia INFLUENCING the election in favor of Trump, which I believe is the only thing being claimed.

So you're just mad that the RNC wasn't also hacked?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:32 pm
@maporsche,
First you are assuming that the Russians didn't try to hack GOP servers. From what I've read they did but were thwarted. (Probably because no Republican was stupid enough to use "password" as their password.

Secondly you are assuming there was something to be found and leaked. No one knows that to be true.

Did the Russians attempt to influence our election? Probably.

Did Obama attempt to influence the Israeli election? Absolutely.

You see these two things differently?
maporsche

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:35 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maporsche wrote:

So you're just mad that the RNC wasn't also hacked?

I'm not mad about anything. I'm simply stating what I believe to be true; that Assange (and Russia, according to all the intelligence agencies) wanted Trump to win so they hacked and released information that would harm HRC's campaign to some degree.

It was an extremely close election and in only three states where Trump won by very narrow margins a small number of converted voters or even voters who were discouraged enough to stay home would have been enough to swing the results.

If any hacking was to be done, I do wish the RNC was hacked and the information released as well. I'm of the opinion that if you look at how the sausage is made of any politician or political party that you're going to see things that make the average person cringe a bit.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 12:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Don't forget Hillary and the US State Dept. trying to influence the last Russian election.