smog's thread of ongoingness

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 06:49 am
Good Morning, and happy Friday.

Whats the topic today?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 07:53 am
My parents moved into a three story 100 year old house the year I was born and I lived there my entire life until the age of 20. In high school my friends would come over, and after my parents had gone to bed on the second floor, we would retire to the basement to drink, smoke and have a merry old time.

Well one of these times, around 100 am we ran out of smokes and decided to head over to the nearest gas station to pick up some more. To get there all we had to do was walk up the cellar stairs, cut through our neighbors back yard and we were at the back of the gas station.

So I walked around the corner of the building and there was a cop car parked by the entrance. I quickly jumped back behind the building and told my two friends that we should wait until he left. So we sat down and waited for him to leave.

About a minute later I saw a flashlight coming around the corner and like any drunk 19 year old would do, yelled "RUN" and took off running. Now I lived in the same neighborhood for 19 years and knew it like the back of my hand. I was jumping over fences, through hedges, cutting through lawns and parking lots, dashing around corners and through alleys. One of my friends was behind me the whole time.

So we lost the cop and ended up behind my neighbors garage... in sight of the cellar stairs which led to the safety of my basement. We had no idea where our other friend was.

The friend that was with me decided to make a break for it and ran like hell for the basement. He made it. Right when I was going to make my move the cop showed up in our garden yelling at the top of his lungs: "You M***** F*****s!! I'm going to catch you! The dogs are on their way and their going to hunt you down and tear your F***ING Throats out!"

I had been chased by the cops before but have never heard a cop like this. I dropped to my stomach in the middle of a bunch of bushes and watched and listened as the cop continued his rant.

Soon other cop cars showed up and more cops were searching the area. I saw a couple of them go into the cellar stairs which had been left open. I couldn't understand why there was a huge manhunt for a few teenagers that hadn't actually been seen doing anything besides running away.

I knew it was just a matter of time before they found me and sure enough, what seemed like an hour later, a cop jumped on my back, handcuffed me and started dragging me through the garden towards the back of my house. I glanced up just in time to see my parents coming out the back door in their robes... they had been waken up by the cops who entered through the cellar door.

Now the kicker of the story is... the cops were looking for three suspects who had stolen a car and when pulled over by the police, slowed the car down, left it in drive and jumped out leaving the car to crash into a near by building. One of the suspects was dressed very similar to one of my friends. It was a case of mistaken identity. What made it worse was the first cop that was sitting in the parking lot was a friend of the family. I could have easily walked up to him chatted for a few minutes, bought our smokes and gone home... but I didn't know it was him and he didn't realize it was me.

So, he let us go into the custody of my parents (my other friend who ran off in the opposite direction gave himself up after he saw me getting arrested). After a long talk about drinking and promising never to do it again my parents retired to their bedroom again. As soon as they left we heard a rumbling in the closet... out pops our third friend who had been hiding in the closet since he made it down the cellar stairs from the garden.

Since it all turned out all right in the end, we headed back to the gas station, bought our smokes and laughed as we recounted the nights events over our few remaining beers
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:29 pm
I quit the punk band I 'played guitar' in about a year ago. It was my first band and believe me, you didn't want to be there at our first show. We lasted about 2 years and at the end we were pretty decent, I had a Crate guitar... go figure.

I now only play occassionally alone or jam with other people. Mostly easy songs so my level has been dropping. My bass skills have upped a little.

Right now, ska and cuban music do it for me.

[anger]Damn those Mad Caddies![/anger]
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Whats the topic today?

In honor of your entertaining story, should we talk about run-ins with the law?

Oh yeah, and the Mad Caddies are fun.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:16 pm
I love good cop stories... Bad Boy Bad Boys whatcha gonna do...
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:17 pm
was coming home from an ex's house one day and as my luck would have it I was pulled over by the cops. they took my car, tore it apart and pretty much took their sweet time doing it... they said i was seen leaving a notorious drug dealers house and there was supision of me trafficing the drugs for them... well im a smart-@$$ at times and when they told me this i started pointing out places they should look... they didnt like that very much and after patting me down put me in handcuffs and the back seat of their patrol vechile, well after tearing my car apart they decided i was clean. which i was dont touch the stuff hate it... then come to find out my ex's dad was big time in it... eh crazy eh?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:19 pm
That's a good one seed. So you really were seen leaving a drug dealers house.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
apparently so... if i had known that I would have tried to get in the mix... good money ya know... Wink
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 04:50 pm
I have yet to meet a cop who will accept a drink while on duty. What a sad world!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 10:00 pm
met one... drank with one.Smile
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:53 pm
Hmm, seems that we need a new topic of discussion. How about...cool quotes, interesting written things, stuff you picked up off the ground, anything written!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:55 pm
i think the weekend was a break... i was actually looking for this thread a little bit earlier smog... just got caught up in something else and got taken away from it... ongoingness... splendid! i shall think on this for a minute...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 03:20 pm
"Changing an aspect of your personality is one of the hardest things you'll do, and also one of the easiest."
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 06:37 pm
random graffiti - no matter who you vote for, the government always wins
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:53 pm
Modest Mouse song lyric -you've wasted life, so why not waste death... very profound statement i think
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:38 am
New day... new topic.

What is it today?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:22 am
May I suggest...UGLY CLOTHES? What is your least favorite trend these days?

Men: boxer shorts showing, baggy pants dragging on the ground, oversized everything, others?

Women: ultra-pointed shoes, low-rise jeans on all figure types, glamorous tops with cargo pants, others?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:40 am
Eva wrote:
May I suggest...UGLY CLOTHES? What is your least favorite trend these days?

Men: boxer shorts showing, baggy pants dragging on the ground, oversized everything, others?

Women: ultra-pointed shoes, low-rise jeans on all figure types, glamorous tops with cargo pants, others?

I hate the Paris Hilton/Nicole Ritchie(sp?) look. If I see one more girl dressed in hot pink or orange carrying around a chihuahua and talking like a valley girl...

by the way.. I agree with you on the baggy pants and ultra-pointy shoes... but my wife in a pair of low-rise jeans... MMMMMMM!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:45 am
That's fine, jp...but it's the rolls of fat above the low-rise jeans on so many girls/women that I object to. It's everywhere, and I'm tired of looking at it.
0 Replies

travelbug

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:47 am
I have a chihuahua... it doesn't get carried though, it comes on 10 mile hikes in the mountains with us!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:49:57