K-Ar dating

fatin

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 08:34 pm
1)What are the condition cause K-Ar age younger than it should be?
2)What are the effect of atmospheric contamination on K-Ar dating and how can we correct it ?

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 05:01 am
@fatin,
There are many "culture wars" issues involved with K/Ar and Ar/Ar dating, most of which have only to do with cross contamination. Rather than getting involved in arguments early in a thread, Im giving you a good paper on the entire K/Ar subject. It discusses several method controls and atmospherics. I dint know whether the site owner will let this through so, if it gets blocked just send me a PM and Ill send it as a pwersonal.

http://www.geo.arizona.edu/~reiners/geos474-574/Kelley2002.pdf
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 04:57 am
@farmerman,
Ill get back to you, I vcant seem to pull down any PMs on this tablet. Ill be back home by Thursday .
fatin

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 07:54 pm
@farmerman,
Alright sir . ^-^
farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 05:59 pm
@fatin,
Im having trouble dissecting your linking of the PETM and K/Ar. Why are you doing this?
1I think you would spend some time in documenting your sources because several of your statements are actual lifts from the literature.
2Maybe youre way ahead of me here but I need to see some brief statement of your purpose (OVERALL purpose).
I dont mean to be technically critical but you need to make sure your intended readers are "on board" with some sort of abstract that summarizes the purpose and the findings and references to your sources as well.

Your syntax sounds a bit too ESL, is your language of study English?
0 Replies