Computer Melt Down

Builder

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 06:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The property we have our eyes on is at the top of the Great Dividing Range. I'll be incorporating the existing watercouse into the design, and the earthen roof will run backwards to feed into the watercourse.

It's clay-shale country, so very stable.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 07:44 pm
@Builder,
We have clay shale underneath our house, and the company that built homes in this area ignored that important issue. These homes in this area were built in 1955 without the proper foundation, so we always get cracks on our walls as the ground shrinks and stretches with the rain.
Some years ago, I had a contractor put metal plates between the floor's rafters and the foundation. It helped about 80%, and the cracks are now limited to our living room, and nothing on the exterior. I recently did the patch work in our living room, because we have family and friends coming to our home for the all day New Year's meal. My brother in law who lives in San Francisco said he's bringing the crabs and sashimi, and my sister in law brings the teriyaki chicken.
Builder

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A couple of the down-valley footings will be from this rather clever solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LJwCP2Js1U

These ones for the sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtk0uXR2RIw
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 03:33 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:
For example, N. Korea caused a melt down of Sony's computers.

Maybe they crafted a hostile BIOS to send the wrong voltage the wrong way through the CPU (and northbridge and GPU if any).
0 Replies