I Propose We Have The 1st Annual A2k Convention In Oz

Wilso

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:42 am
Sometime between the 11th Nov and the 1st March for me!!!!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 07:23 am
Christmas in OZ would be a fun thing for me. Leaving the cold weather here for your summer would be nice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 08:39 am
I might be able to consider it if 1) it's during the holidays (Christmas-New Years), and 2) the airfare is 'reasonable.' Wink
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 01:56 pm
Well, Christmas time would give all you northerners a different taste of how Christmas is: beach, sand, heat and mangoes running down your chin! And December / January is great fun in Sydney - lots to see and do in the Festival of Sydney. Hot, humid and may be a tad rainy, though! Very hot and humid on the Barrier Reef.

Don't count on my organising ability - it's non existent! I drive within a kilometre of Wilso's place about once a month, and still can't organise myself to meet him! Soon!

I wouldn't count on reasonable fares, though - Christmas is high season everywhere. And it's certainly high season in Oz. It's our main holiday period. No hotel deals (or not many - unless you can afford to stay 5 star!) Even casual travellers like me wouldn't dream of going anywhere without a bed booked for the night - and I seldom book anything (too disorganised! Confused )

Waiting and watching...........
0 Replies