I Propose We Have The 1st Annual A2k Convention In Oz

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:41 am
I am NOT a playboy bunny!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:27 am
What about fall 2004 that would give us all over a year to save, get passport updated, etc. I really think a lot of A2k people would consider it everyone I know that has been to Australia just loves it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 12:09 pm
Hello! I'm here!!! (waving)!

Sydney, of course - it's the place most people fly into, anyway! Razz

Perhaps we can tempt Gautam if it's when the Indians are playing Oz in cricket - he'd absolutely be in his element. That makes it December 2003 - January 2004. The next time India plays in Australia is 2007-2008!

Just imagine being away from the cold that's bugging you so much now Laughing Sunny Sydney, and a trip up the coast to see the Moondoggy. Stock up on Vegemite, Australian wines, and more.....

wheeeeeee
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:25 pm
Sydney.....mumble,growl, think they ARE the place....smegging up themselves....oh GOOD morning Margo - smiles insincerely, showing teeth... Fall 2004, that is spring, right? Like September, October, November?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:26 pm
December January is too hot! They'd FRY!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 03:07 pm
Whaddya mean wear my avatar? This is what I really look like!

Well I can't do 2003 - gots lotsa travel plans this year already - but 2004 is inviting! I've been threatening to visit my sister in Sydney for years. Mebbe I'll finally get round to actually getting my butt on a plane.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:48 pm
My fear of flying is beyond comprehension. But I had to fly to Japan, March AFB near Sacramento, CA via Seattle, WA. I forget how many hours we were in the air but it was a long time. It was a MAC flight and jam packed and then when we got to Tokyo we had to land in the remnants of Typhoon Trix. Yikes, I thought I would die. After that I did not fly for 25 years.

Finally it was just so inconvenient I went to a destination training program in 1988-89. Since then I have flown six times and once by myself. Four of these flights were transcontinental. I was simply trained to deal with flying. I will never enjoy it but I do it so I can go long distances in short time frames. I would fly to Australia in a heart beat to see our friends there.

Right Heeven and I look like my avatar too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:07 pm
I'm in.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:20 pm
I suggested January 2004 because that's the most likely time to attract Gautam (unless you're other than a female or ....)

Let's face it, Deb - none of these people could even fly in to Adelaide, unless they come through Sydney (or Melbourne)! Except via Asia? or Perth? and, why would you?

Yesterday was very hot, but today is just brilliant - and it's Friday, which makes it even better!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 08:54 pm
Well, you know, one doesn't travel to Oz for anything under 2 weeks - it's just not worth it. If you all can't find a way to meet the rest of the world together, they'll just have to travel to meet you each individually....
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:03 pm
I'm kinda' slow sometimes. I see Oz is Austrailia. When I first saw this topic I thought....Oh never mind... Embarrassed
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:12 pm
Okay, twist my arm......I'm in, too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:18 pm
Booman wrote:
I'm kinda' slow sometimes. I see Oz is Austrailia. When I first saw this topic I thought....Oh never mind... Embarrassed

ROFLMAO
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:25 am
You could have it in Melbourne in Winter (Brrrrrrrrrrr, drip, drip ..) & try & make sense if Aussie Rules football. You ain't seen nothin till you've seen handball in a football game! Confused
No, seriously, it's a nice place! Very Happy Great el cheapo cafes, very civilized!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 01:53 am
I LOVE Melbourne!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:41 am
I wish I could guyz - and I will try my best.

But only if Margo promises to introduce me to "eliglible batchelors" in Sydney.....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:03 pm
I don't know any party boys! But several others, yes! ( Crying or Very sad - too many, unfortunately for me!)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:00 am
i think i'll make a recon of at least one of the possible meeting places by may.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:02 am
Rae wrote:
Okay, twist my arm......I'm in, too.

stop by guam on the way.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 03:18 am
We will be happy to see you - wee owly!
0 Replies