Edward "Peanut"Green III

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:00 am
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad If anybody have the time or the chance to write to this person please holla at me and let me know. He was a great person to me and even a greater friend. He will be forever with me and in my heart and my life. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,281 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:28 am
Hey Death. I read about him. Were you friends?
0 Replies

glota

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:05 am
knew him
Hello
I stumbled across this message and I'm very curious to get to know you guys! I had the pleasure to know Edward for the last 7 years of his life! What about you?

Looking forward to your reply!

Susanne
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 07:45 am
Edward "Peanut" Green III, 30, 2004-10-05

A Texas man was put to death by lethal injection on Tuesday for killing an elderly Houston couple in a 1992 robbery.

The execution came after a last-minute appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court failed and just days after lawmakers proposed a halt in executions in the area owing to problems with the examination of evidence by the Houston Police Department.

Edward Green III, 30, was condemned for killing Edward Haden, 72, and Helen O'Sullivan, 63, who were sitting in O'Sullivan's car on Aug. 31, 1992 at a stop sign when Green ordered Haden out of the vehicle at gunpoint.

When Haden didn't respond quickly enough, Green fired 3 shots through the car window, hitting Haden twice and O'Sullivan once.

2 Democratic state senators from Harris County asked Republican Gov. Rick Perry to impose a moratorium on executions of prisoners convicted there after Houston Police Chief Harold Hurtt called for a halt until a review of hundreds of boxes of evidence found in a police warehouse this summer is completed.

Perry rejected the request on Monday. A spokeswoman for the governor said procedures in place to review individual death row cases offered adequate safeguards for condemned prisoners.

A Texas state court also rejected a request for a stay made by Green's attorneys seeking a review of evidence in the case. Green had confessed to the crime.

Harris County, of which Houston is the greater part, sentences more people to death than any other county in the United States. It currently has 162 inmates on Texas death row.

At least one person has been freed and 40 other convictions are under scrutiny because of the police department's poor work, officials have said.

A late appeal on Tuesday to the U.S. Supreme Court seeking a stay delayed Green's execution for 2 hours.

In a final statement while strapped to a gurney in the death chamber, Green apologized to Haden's and O'Sullivan's relatives.

"I come with no hate in my heart or bitterness," he said. "To my family and to you people, I can only apologize for all the pain I caused you. May God forgive us this day."

Green was the 14th person executed in Texas this year and the 327th since the state resumed capital punishment in 1982, 6 years after the U.S.
Supreme Court lifted a national death penalty ban. Both totals lead the nation.

Texas has 10 more executions scheduled for this year, 7 of which are convicts from the Houston area. The next execution is scheduled for Wednesday night.

(source: Reuters)
0 Replies