0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:51 am
@Frugal1,
I always tell the truth. Too bad no one can say the ssme about you,
Olivier5

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:54 am
@Lash,
Plenty of countries have direct elections of their president and lo and behold, they don't morph into third world countries. You guys are being ridiculous. Just because a particularly unfair electoral system favored your candidate is no reason to become irrational.

Lash, if Bernie had lost to Trump due to the EC, you would now support a completely different position.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:05 am
@MontereyJack,
You're fooling yourself, and you don't believe it.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 04:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Just because a particularly unfair electoral system favored your candidate is no reason to become irrational.

To expect an existing electoral process to be retrospectively altered because you now consider it to be somehow "unfair" or biased, is not just irrational, but ridiculous.

And Trump wasn't my favoured candidate.
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:23 pm
@Builder,
Scholar generally dont justify the EC based on any " common sense". It is what it is because the framers distrusted the people. PERIOD.

Like the 2nd amendment, the framers sid that "Subsequent generations will have to deal with many of these "
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:45 pm
@farmerman,
The reality is, it was in place leading up to the election.

To propose a retrospective change to the rules is never going to be on the cards.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone, thought HRC would win by a landslide. When that didn't happen, the scapegoat hunt begins.

Russia, I believe, had zip to do with it.

If anything, Putin's support should have shaded Trump in the eyes of the electorate.

Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:51 pm
America knows that your mission is the delegitimization of Trump.

You are wasting your precious time on a failed movement.
You will continue to fail at your mission.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:56 pm
@Builder,
I agree; I doubt Putin had anything to do with our election results.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Can you do a fact check on this story for us, CI?

We're just about out of bandwidth for the year.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2195.htm
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 05:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
OMG, another moment of clarity!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:07 pm
@Builder,
There are many articles on how Putin influenced our elections.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=did+putin+influence+our+elections&form=WNSGPH&qs=SW&cvid=cef544cbf4634d0db58f0b8d0243f18a&pq=did+putin+influence+our+elections&nclid=BBBDD7EE3C7D9D059E24CEC7220ACBBF&ts=1482883574271&cc=US&setlang=en-US

From Politifact (which I have confidence in their articles).
Editor's note: Since we published this story, the question of Russia's role has come under additional questioning. The Washington Post reported Dec. 9 that the CIA concluded Russia meddled in the election with the intent to help Trump, rather than to disrupt the election generally. The New York Times produced a similar report. However, the Washington Post also reported that the FBI isn't as confident in this conclusion. These stories are all based on anonymous sources and cannot be independently verified.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:13 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
The reality is, it was in place leading up to the election.

To propose a retrospective change to the rules is never going to be on the cards.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone, thought HRC would win by a landslide. When that didn't happen, the scapegoat hunt begins.

Russia, I believe, had zip to do with it.

If anything, Putin's support should have shaded Trump in the eyes of the electorate.

I agree.

However, I never once believed that HRC could win by a landslide, but I did believe she would do & say ANYTHING in her quest to grab power. I was a little concerned when Cruz dropped out, so I investigated Trump. After hearing all of the nasty attacks on Trump coming from every direction, I was pleasantly surprised to confirm that he's going to be great for America. Trump is not a bad guy, and he has hands on experience in the real world. This real world experience that Trump has is priceless, it's invaluable and it's something that 0bama, HRC, and Bernie will never have, and never understand.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's the big IF for you, CI.

If Russia hacked some emails and forwarded them to Assange for release, (he denies this) was it the content of the emails that did the damage?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:16 pm
@Builder,
I'm not sure how much exposure those emails have had. I'm on the internet almost daily, and I'm not privy to any of them - and really not interested.
Assange is a rabble rouser who only seeks fame for himself.

I agree with this article; so what?
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/12/even_if_the_russians_did_hack_the_emails_so_what.html
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:17 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Trump is not a bad guy, and he has hands on experience in the real world. This real world experience that Trump has is priceless, it's invaluable and it's something that 0bama, HRC, and Bernie will never have, and never understand.

He's an unknown quantity, politically.

He's clearly ego-driven, and a misogynist. Narcissism is actually applauded in our culture today.

But I'm well aware that the president doesn't have carte-blanche to do what he wants. They all find out, sooner rather than later, that they are part of the machine.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:21 pm
@Builder,
Worth repeating,
Quote:
He's clearly ego-driven, and a misogynist. Narcissism is actually applauded in our culture today.

He gropes women by their crotch, is a textbook racial bigot, and he's been elected our president?

Give me a break!

I only hope he doesn't screw up our economy. He's bankrupted four businesses, and scammed many people.

He also scammed $150,000 from the 9/11 Relief Fund.
http://reverbpress.com/politics/trump-scammed-150000-from-911-relief-fund/
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He gropes women by their crotch, is a textbook racial bigot, and he's been elected our president?

Give me a break!

It's testament to how the people perceive the Clintons'.

Whatever good they ever did, was cancelled out completely by the bad.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:44:27