Jet Li's "Hero"

Ryz2511

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:27 am
Has anyone seen this film that thought it was as bad as I did?
I watched last Friday (1st) and the plot was terrible! I know that it wasn't supposed to be an amazing plot because the Martial Arts would compensate for it, but I found that the martial art were obviously impessive, but not memrable! And it wasn't dubbed, so you spent more of your time looking at really small subtitles than concentrating on the plot! Comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 864 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Rosslyn

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:14 am
Hero got rrrrrrrrrrreally bad reviews in China, mostly because of the director. The imagery... well..... seems a bit too fake to me. So I didn't like it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 01:05 pm
Welcome both to A2K!

This has been discussed not long ago:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32434

As you will find out, this is not Jet Li's "Hero," but directed by the same person who filmed "Raise the Red Lantern" and not favored by the Chinese communist government so it would be expected it would not receive good reviews there.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:32 am
agree to Rosslyn.

well this film just present the lost-way china's culture state nowadays
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
I thought HERO was terrific. I don't understand the criticisms
on this thread. If you don't want to watch movies with subtitles, that's YOUR problem--not the fault of the movie. I
thought it was gorgeously filmed, cleverly structured, all in all one of the most memorable films I've seen this year. But I suppose tastes will always differ!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:55 pm
Hey, welcome back again! Sorry you had problems with the site going down for a server upgrade and losing some of your posts. I agree, larry -- "Hero" was aesthetically superior to nearly all Hollywood offerings of historic action films. I am still more impressed with the production design of "Raise the Red Lantern" which drew me into that time and place with its atmospheric structure but I was really entertained by "Hero."
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 08:49 am
Thanks, Lightwizard! I consider it an honor to have you agree with me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:03 am
You mean it's not an honor if I disagree? Very Happy
0 Replies