[B]Sonic or Super Mario?[/B]

Ryz2511

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:19 am
It's in the title,
What do you prefer, the Fast, blue little hedgehog, or the Italian, moustache wielding Midget who kills mushrooms?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,015 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:18 am
Re: Sonic or Super Mario?
Ryz2511 wrote:
It's in the title,
What do you prefer, the Fast, blue little hedgehog, or the Italian, moustache wielding Midget who kills mushrooms?

Hm... let me guess, you prefer Sonic over Mario?

I personally see merits for both of them.

Sonic games require lightning-fast reactions, whilst Mario games require a more slower type of skill. Sonic games haven't been too good recently, with perhaps the exception of Advance 3, and Mario games as of late have strayed from their original concept.

Personally, I think the problem is image-based.

Who is cooler?

A blue, street-wise fast teenaged hedgehog or a 40-year old fat plumber who (in his latest game) cleans up toxic spills and washes away graffiti?

It is the image that the kids adhere to and Mario doesn't have a cool image associated with him. His games, however, are every bit as playable and every bit as fun as a Sonic game.
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:37 pm
Mario blows Sonic out of the water. This is a strictly Nintendo/SNES Mario vs. Genesis Sonic of course...none of the new ones are any good as far as I'm concerned. Sonic was the same thing over and over and over. I guess Mario wasn't much better, but at least you had a cool boss. Not that Robotnic was not a good boss, but i'd fight a boomarang weiding turtle over an insane invernter anyday. And further, Tails sucked nuts (hehe, squirll pun), while Louigi was the **** (hehe, plumber pun). Damn I didn't even plan those... So anyhow, with the exception of Mario 2, the Sonic games take a not-so-close second to Mario.
0 Replies