Those who lust for war.

timberlandko

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:10 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Posted in another thread, but I find these words by Nelson Mandela nothing short of incredible

I caught your post over on the other thread, and replied: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=89808#89808

I think Mandela just screwed up bigtime.

timber
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:13 pm
I have lost all respect for Mandella for playing what I can only call the race card. I should remind him were it not for white people including those in America he would be dead or still languishing in jail.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 08:01 pm
AU1929:

I wouldn't say that I've lost any respect for Mandela because of the ploy, but I think it took a lot of impact from his otherwise potent statements. I don't think Bush has any respect for anyone but himself, and I think the color of Kofi Annan has nothing to do with his attitude and treatment of the leader of the United Nations.

Bush has already had his mind made up for him by the people that run him that this war must be! Things get more complicated because he thinks he is Gods Tool, and it is his destiny to do what he is doing. He's got this Messiah Complex going, which is really perverseand truly sick!

This war is all about control of the Mideast, and the oil reserves in region. The citizens of the U.S. were lied to and suckered into the Gulf War, and the same people who lied to us then are lying to us now! I sure wish the American people would wise up and get their **** together!! When will they stop being cattle and get some sense and independence?? Very sad, very sad indeed.

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:39 pm
agreed, anon.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:45 pm
I lust for war.

All of those bombs, rockets, and bullets shaped like phalluses...

The guns, large and small, erupting repeatedly, releasing their payload in an orgasmic fury of fire...

War is hot, man.

(Sorry...It's Friday night and I've got nothing better to do than be in here typing...)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 09:50 am
I see nothing that makes me want to alter my prewar statements.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 09:22 pm
Good bump edgar.
Interesting to read.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 09:27 pm
I thought so. It show here how consistent people have been regarding the war. Those for it have not budged; and, those like myself remain the same.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 10:56 pm
I like to go back and read over a few of these threads from time to time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 02:01 am
What i appreciated about reading back through the thread was seeing so many members whom we have not seen in a long, long time.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 08:58 am
Dlowan said some important things, namely "the desire to have an enemy." "...an enemy vacuum at the end of the cold war...." I recall Joseph Heller saying something like that in "Picture This" that the U.S. needs Russia as an enemy to survive.

But I think that much and not "most"of human history required an opposite or "other" to struggle against for one's own self-definition. This us/them morality for us/destruction for them thinking started with--but not limited to--the destruction of the Goddess cultures in Europe and Mesopotamia. This occurred some 5,000 years ago or so.

Thus began the definition of "dualism" the identifying with one side of an interdependent opposite and opposing the other. Dualistic thinking is the hallmark of monotheism from the ancient Persian religion Zoroastrianism and continuing with the big three, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Yes, these four are closely related. They all define themselves as us/them, morality for us and conversion, conquering, or destruction for them. And it's more than a religious or national identity; it's a basic self or ego-identity formed by dualistic thinking; it's a basic failure of modern humans to deal with the fact of our own consciousness. And it's reinforced by clinging to religions defined by literally-interpreted myths that have long ago been busted by science. This is fundamentalism, the clinging to an idea of the supernatural, which Joseph Campbell says is a "killing idea". It kills the spirit. Religion must keep current and adapt itself to current science or it becomes defensive with its busted myths. Science does not destroy the myths, it destroys the literal interpretation of myths, which are metaphors to begin with.

Religious fundamentalism is tearing the Middle East and it's tearing America apart too. Look at the current state politics between the Democrats and the Republicans, and the Republicans themselves being torn apart by fundamentalism, the far right extremists wanting to regress back to the fifties or even back to the pre-Darwin days.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 07:05 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Wait for a few more bombings in Europe and Europe might go to war without us.
revelette2

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 08:04 am
@RABEL222,
I doubt it because it is hard to go to war against a group or a theology rather than a country. You no sooner get one kind of stabilized at best you can then it pops up at another place or another branch decides to do something on their own somewhere else. Kind of why it makes more sense to have more targeted and efficient surveillance and working with other countries and deciding on actions on a case by case basis. At least that is what I think based on past readings of articles on the subject.

Unfortunately the subject of this thread will always be relevant.
0 Replies