I wish I was another cav.

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:14 am
I wanted to write something beautiful to nobody , I guess.I've been busy lately with stupid stuff ( work ) and reading a lot is a pain in the..mm..head maybe.I have to be good but I don't know , I'm getting a migraine .Maybe I am not supposed to write , because this will only make people laugh.I have plan B ready ; to sit outside with old ladies in the fresh air , sipping coffee and gossip about Maria
Smile

I wish I was another cavfncier Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,178 • Replies: 23
No top replies

kellyvinal

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:27 am
Then write about that. Observe people - they are the best fodder!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:28 am
I am honored with the compliment! You know, you sell yourself short on the writing thing. This post has some poetic potential. Write about 'plan b', it's wonderful. P.S. I get horrible migraine. Aromatherapy has helped me a lot, better than pills, rosemary oil is fantastic.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
Yes, Cav does have a great knack for writing.

Don't force yourself to write...just relax and let the words should flow naturally.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
I feel I could do something in writing .I mean , write in order to learn how to write.Isn't that right ? , like if you want to be a teacher you have to teach.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:47 am
Yes navigator. The important thing is to just start writing, and integrate people's advice into the editing process.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:51 am
I have to admit, I really only started taking editing seriously last month, and I learned a lot from the process. colorbook is right as well, at first, just let the thoughts flow. My worst pieces were written when I felt I 'had' to write. I don't do that anymore, and if weeks go by before I have words to put on paper, so be it.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:42 am
Navigator, keep a journal and write something in it everyday. The more you practice, the easier it becomes to convey your message. Poetry is an art of self expression, so when you write with true conviction, remember that you can't please everyone…but that should never prevent you from posting your writings. Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:57 am
I was just thinking about 'morning pages'. Basically, you set a time, early in the day, to just spew out all your thoughts from the last day, and your dreams that night, then use it as a base for future writes. You have to do it every day.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 11:13 am
Thanks for sharing.So, the trick is to let it flow and be cool or spontaneous.I like this ,and ofcourse " NO SLANG ". Smile
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
Here is a spontaneous poems thread...you can get a feel for what kind of writing comes off the tops of peoples heads.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1332&highlight=
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:39 am
Thanks colorbook..thanks cav. :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:50 am
Navigator, pick a subject that people will find fascinating. Something like "Are there armies of tiny eight-legged creatures that wage daily battles on the surface of our nostril hair?"

Then start writing about it.

I'll wait right here while you compose the story.

I think it should prove to be quite exciting.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
got you gustav. Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:49 am
This should inspire you navigator:

http://www.cellsalive.com/pics/dustmite.gif
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 05:01 pm
Cav, that sure doesn't look like the makings for poetic verse <shiver>

Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 05:02 pm
colorbook wrote:
Cav, that sure doesn't look like the makings for poetic verse <shiver>

Smile

Oh...I was going on gus's suggestion. Dust mites seemed the logical choice. :wink:
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 05:14 pm
I know Gus was behind this; he is one of a kind. I really would like to see his rendition of …"armies of tiny eight-legged creatures that wage daily battles on the surface of our nostril hair." :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:27 pm
If navigator runs with it, it could be the next 'Doors of Perception.'
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:54 pm
As we speak...they are debating who will win the Nobel Prize in literature...
0 Replies