Munch--Munch--Munch

Letty

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:37 pm
bump:

Ah, only Panz and I can post. Cav is in hospital; Thok is gone: limbodog is gone; oldandknew is gone.

and now Letty is gone for this night.
0 Replies

ark

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:59 am
Isn't it possible to graze an animal? Like, shepherds grazing their flock means they're taking their sheep out to let them eat?

Anyhoo, I'm gonna go with a horse!

As the answer, that is, not for Valentine's or anything...!! :S Yup, you can graze a horse but they can't be sown...?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:15 am
Welcome to A2K, ark. My goodness! The contextual meaning of the word graze is mind boggling. If you will pardon the pun, amazing graze. Razz

Although I had plankton in mind, I find it quite interesting that others have seen it differently. What part of the UK are you from?
0 Replies

ark

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:07 am
Thanks for your welcome Letty Smile most, um, grazeious?! Yeah, I know, puns aren't exactly a strong point of mine!

I'm from London, currently studying at Nottingham University (Robin Hood, anyone??) but born in San Francisco.

Initially had 'skin' in mind, perhaps because I'm currently sporting a rather nasty graze to the right elbow... but then again, since stitches are used (used??) on bad cuts I guess that skin really can be sown... or sewn? I guess that this exception applies if the riddle is intended phonetically rather than literally... Hm, homophone in action Smile

btw, I have a habit of overthinking things... Razz
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:51 am
Well, ark, you have a fantastic sense of humor (humour?). Lot of Brits on this site. Stick around and join the fray.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 08:54 pm
Well, Cav. I know that your spaniel feels the loss, as do we all. Your grandfather's memories are still in my mind, my friend.

Sleep well, and we will always think of you, and in that way, you will be eternal.
0 Replies