Leonard Cohen RIP

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 09:22 pm
I like this one:

For my scraggly ears, the sound is better than the video with the same song done with U2..
like the end of it too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 09:57 am
Adam Cohen

My sister and I just buried my father in Montreal. With only immediate family and a few lifelong friends present, he was lowered into the ground in an unadorned pine box, next to his mother and father. Exactly as he’d asked. As I write this I’m thinking of my father’s unique blend of self-deprecation and dignity, his approachable elegance, his charisma without audacity, his old-world gentlemanliness and the hand-forged tower of his work. There’s so much I wish I could thank him for, just one last time. I’d thank him for the comfort he always provided, for the wisdom he dispensed, for the marathon conversations, for his dazzling wit and humor. I’d thank him for giving me, and teaching me to love Montreal and Greece. And I’d thank him for music; first for his music which seduced me as a boy, then for his encouragement of my own music, and finally for the privilege of being able to make music with him. Thank you for your kind messages, for the outpouring of sympathy and for your love of my father.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 04:04 pm
http://media.cagle.com/152/2016/11/11/187469_600.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 04:12 pm
listening to Cross-Country Checkup on the radio - Canadian call-in show

right now they're talking to Judy Collins about her memories of working with Mr. Cohen

earlier they had on Liona Boyd and Anna McGarrigle and and and

it's been a great collection of memories of fans and other musicians
0 Replies