Death Penitaly in Tx.

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:17 am
How come texas kill's men without studing all the work, why want the Gov. of Tx grant a Stay since he knows all is not right with the system?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,688 • Replies: 16
No top replies

john-nyc

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:20 am
http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/ddow2/dpage2/innocence.html

Click on the above link.
0 Replies

Death Row

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:56 am
Deaht penatily in TX.
The Gov. In Tx. does it because he does not care who get's murdered in TX in the systems as long as it's not him. he just wants to get them out of his way so that he put more peoples in systems and then murder them as well. That's why he does it.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 04:10 pm
Death,

Google "death row +injustice". You'll be able to find plenty of reading to keep you busy for a long time. The death penalty is flawed in many respects, and the United States is one of the only, if not the only, western nation to still employ this method of punishment.

Don't fall into the trap of becoming an advocate for either side when it comes to an issue of this importance. Read up on it. Learn the facts and come to your own conclusion. I have, and I find that there are way too many problems with our system to support the continued use of the death penalty (at least in the condition it's in now).

Remember, to know the opposing viewpoint prepares you all the more to deal with arguments posed to you by others in the street. Stay on top of the game, and you'll find that there is good reason to be wary of the death penalty in the United States. Good luck to you.
0 Replies

Death Row

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 06:01 am
Texas Death Pen.
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT THEY PEOPLE THAT ARE ON THE TX. ROW ARE PEOPLES TO AND THEY NEED AND WANT SOME HELP. NOT EVERYBODY ON THE ROW IN TX. ARE GUILTY TX JUST WANTS TO CLEAN UP IT'S CITY OR TOWN BUT KILLING SOMEBODY IS SURE NOT THE DA** WAY TO DO IT. I KNOW THAT IT HAS IT'S MESS UP'S JUST LIKE YOU AND I DO AND IF YOU WAS IN TROUBLE YOU WOULD WANT SOMEBODY TO HELP YOU. TX. NEEDS TO CLEANED UP OF SOME OF THEM PEOPLES THAT ARE NOT TRYING TO DO RIGHT LIKE THE GOV. RICK PERRY. I AM NOT SAYING HURT OR KILL HIM JUST GET HIM OFF THE SEAT OF THE GOV. AND THEN SOME STUFF MIGHT HAPPEN. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE OF COLOR TO STEP IN AND MAKE their VOICES HEARD. GOV. RICK PERRY DID WRONG AND HE KNOWS IT AND HIS DAY IS COMING AND HE WILL BE JUDGED FOR HIS PART IN THE EXECUTIONS IN TX. ALL THAT NEW INFO. COMING TO LIFE AND HE WANT EVEN HALT THE WRONG EXECUTIONS OR CONSIDER STOPPING THEM OR ANYTHING. LIKE I SAID BEFORE GOV. PERRY WILL HAVE HIS DAY TO BE JUDGED AND THEN HE WILL LOOK LIKE A DA** FOOL. HE HAS NO FEELINGS ARE ANYTHING FOR ANYBODY. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil HE IS.
0 Replies

winterwolf1965

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:45 am
Hey, don't you get it? It costs the State of TX an average of $35 - $50,000 per year to to house one death row inmate. Multiply that by how many are currently in the system awaiting execution. We're talking millions and millions of dollars per year and some of those people have been there for decades waiting for all of their appeals to be exhausted. That's your hard earned tax dollars at work people.

I for one don't want my tax dollars to house a guy that offed his whole family just because he thought it would be fun to watch them die or a guy that tortured and mutilated women for the sexual thrill. These guys obviously have no respect for human life, so why should we have any respect for theirs.

These are the ones I am talking about, not the poor, hard working guy that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and set a series of events in motion that landed him on death row.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 09:47 am
That latest headline is about the women who died having been butchered upon having her unborn child ripped from her stomach.
Would you call the execution of the monster who committed that crime murder or deserved justice. The death penalty should not be meted out lightly but neither should it be discounted entirely.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:06 am
I totally agree au...

My problem with the death penalty is that it is not perfect. It will never be. It is run by humans who make MISTAKES. And those mistakes amount to innocent people.
And unfortunatly innocent people have no proof to save them. There for they die. Our justice system has holes, it has flaws and people fall into them.
Until we as a nation are able to make a perfect system ( wich wont happen ... at least not in my opinion) I believe we should stop the death penalty.
NOT in favor of the people who have been correctly accused, but for the 1-2% who are truly innocent. We can not keep that 2% out of the system.. there for I think the system is wrong and should be put to a halt.

On the flip side .
I dont want my tax dollars housing some f-n rapist, child killer, serial killer and what have you. BUT if it takes MY tax dollars to keep that person/people out of MY home and to keep those people away form MY family.. I will give it.
Hard position to stand in.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:19 am
shewolfnm
Perfection, can we ever achieve such a state of being? No system ever practiced by humans can ever be made perfect and flawless. However, I have no doubt that safeguards and reviews on a national basis regarding the imposition and approval of sentence would make for a potentially flawless system.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:12 pm
I think if simple safegurads are put into place....
example.. Dna testing.
If that type of testing was made manditory for all trials where the guilty party could face the death penalty it would save ALOT of innocent people.
I am sure there are a few other precautions that could be taken that would also help put up a raod block for innocent people.
Will it happen?
I hope so.. but chances are.. not.
0 Replies

winterwolf1965

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:28 pm
au1929 wrote:
That latest headline is about the women who died having been butchered upon having her unborn child ripped from her stomach.
Would you call the execution of the monster who committed that crime murder or deserved justice. The death penalty should not be meted out lightly but neither should it be discounted entirely.

Creepy Coincidence:

The creepy thing about that particular case is that the sadistic B**** that killed that poor girl and took her baby had two teenaged children. They were sent to live with their biological father, her ex-husband.

Guess what: He lives about six blocks from me and the kids go to the same schools that my kids go to. My kids haven't met them yet, but I have heard that they are just normal teenagers.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:26 am
I feel extremely strongly that where there is the opportunity for DNA testing, it should be done as efficiently and quickly as possible.

I personally know a gentleman who was on death row for over twenty years in the States for rape and murder. DNA finally proved without any doubt that he was innocent of the crimes but he had to live in a box for over half his life before he was freed.

Of course we are all able to sleep at night because many prisoners are in the right place, but to leave someone in death row for all those years living a so-called life that we couldn't imagine in our darkest nightmares, surely that can't be moral.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 02:37 pm
The Death Penality is not handed down for JAYWALKING. What about the closure achieved for many a victims family.

Here's one in Alabama--
I have an acquaintance who got drunk (Extensive History of Alcoholism-been in every rehab and jail the courts can think of w/o results) and killed one of his drinking buddies, but had the presence of mind to get rid of the body, (Cut him up in pieces and threw him over a bridge) but went home with his bloody clothes on and climbed in bed with his wife. When the police got there (she called them) he still had the clothes on.

No ? He did it. Says he got mad & shot the guy over a argument about hunting. Says he did it, but would not have if he had not been drunk. Says he hates it happened, but says he'd get drunk tomorrow if the let him out-cause he just can't quit drinking..

They are debating on whether or not to ask for the Death penality..Meanwhile he waits in Jail w/o bond. Meanwhile the family of the dead buddy (had a wife and young daughter) lives.

Any thoughts?
0 Replies

Ivory Fury

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 01:49 pm
A Human Justice system will always be infallible. Therefore innocents will always be wrongly convicted. To execute a million guilty will never justify the execution of a single innocent. It is a morally reprehensible nightmare, that serves no other purpose but to perpetuate vengeance and hatred. It does not deter crime and it is more expensive than life in prison.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 02:24 pm
The recent killings in Atlanta were beyond a shadow of a doubt committed by the person who is now in custody. Would you object to that individual receiving capital punishment. Since there can be no question as to his guilt.
I would note that there are many similar instances where guilt is not in doubt. In those instances I believe the penalty is justified and in addition the meting out of justice should be swift. .
0 Replies

Ivory Fury

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 03:03 pm
Humans are not Gods, it is impossible for there not to be doubt.

The Death Penalty serves a single purpose, vengeance. It does not serve crime deterring, closure for victims, nothing but vengeance. A Justice System based upon vengeance is a mockery of justice.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
Quote:
If that type of testing was made manditory for all trials where the guilty party could face the death penalty it would save ALOT of innocent people.

Scott Peterson was sentenced to death today and no DNA to link him to the crime.

Most death penalty cases don't have DNA or the DNA is considered circumstancial like in the OJ case. The fact that a husband's DNA is found on his wife's body isn't proof he killed her since there are lots of reasons for it to be there.
0 Replies