TrumpCare: What will it look like?

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:43 pm
@DrewDad,
You are dodging and doing a bad job of it.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Dodging what? All you\'ve done is complain about how I\'m talking, without addressing anything I\'m talking about.

You\'re throwing puffballs; no need to dodge anything.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:39 pm
@DrewDad,
You haven't addressed anything. You dodge on the control the federal govt has over the insurance companies and seem to think it is the same level of control they have over other industries. I pointed out several places they are controlled more than those industries and you dodged instead.

So tell me does the govt tell those other industries how much they can spend on administrative issues? Do they control what kinds of mutual funds can be put together for investment? Do they make them package different types of funds together and sell them as a block? You already know the answer to these questions/comments and that is why you dodge, you know no other industry has that level of control over it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:41 pm
TrumpCare: What will it look like?

a bottle of Thunderbird and a pack of rusty razor blades
RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 06:27 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
a bottle of Thunderbird and a pack of rusty razor blades

And that will cost $1000 a month paid directly into tRumps personal checking account.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 08:01 am
Republicans’ plans to replace Obamacare, explained in 500 words

Quote:
There are at least seven different replacement plans that Republican legislators and conservative think tanks have offered in recent years. I’ve spent the past week reading them, and this is a quick summary of what I learned (you can read a longer version here).

Yes, Republicans have replacement plans

It is true that the party has not coalesced around one plan — but there are real policy proposals coming from Republican legislators and conservative think tanks. There are two plans I think are most important to know about:

Better Way, a proposal from House Speaker Paul Ryan, would overhaul the individual market and Medicaid in a way that would generally benefit healthy, young people and disadvantage older, sick people.

The Patient CARE Act, from the Senate Finance Committee, is similar to Better Way but focuses more on helping low-income people.

Other plans that exist and could come into the debate include:

Two plans introduced as legislation in Congress: one from Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), who is in the running to become Trump’s health and human services secretary, and one from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

Two plans from conservative think tanks, the American Enterprise Institute and the Foundation for Research on Equal Opportunity

A bare-bones plan from President-Elect Donald Trump

There is significant variation in what the plans propose

On one end of the spectrum, you see plans from Trump and Cruz that would repeal Obamacare and replace it with virtually nothing. On the other end, there are plans from conservative think tanks that go as far as to keep the Affordable Care Act marketplaces and continue to give low-income Americans the most generous insurance subsidies.

If we can say one thing about most Republican plans, it is this: They are better for younger, healthy people and worse for older, sicker people.

In general, conservative replacement plans offer less financial help to those who would use a lot of insurance. This will make their insurance subsidies significantly less expensive than Obamacare’s — but could hurt people who have high medical costs

More at the source including a link to plans outlined above.
Baldimo

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 11:26 am
@revelette2,
This article seems to fly in the face of the left saying that the GOP had nothing to replace the ACA. Go figure the left would be wrong about something...
revelette2

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 11:30 am
@Baldimo,
Most do not, like Trump himself. The rest want to make it worse for those who actually have to use insurance.
Baldimo

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 12:16 pm
@revelette2,
Most do not what? The rest want ot make it worse? How?
revelette2

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 12:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Read my above post with the Vox article which answers both questions.

Here it is again.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:08 pm
@maxdancona,
The difference between Obamacare and Trumpcare is simple. Obamacare was crafted line by line by Obama and his policy wonks and it was actually many years in the making. Trump, on the other hand, just told the Republicans to "Come up with something and make it quick!"
Below viewing threshold (view)
McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 08:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

jcboy wrote:

The difference between Obamacare and Trumpcare is simple. Obamacare was crafted line by line by Obama and his policy wonks and it was actually many years in the making. Trump, on the other hand, just told the Republicans to "Come up with something and make it quick!"

Rolling Eyes

There is no way someone wrote that with a straight face. Has to be sarcasm or a joke or something.
camlok

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 09:04 pm
@McGentrix,
You guys might as well look to the bible for your own confirmation.
0 Replies