Trumpcare passed the House

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 03:01 pm
Now, what? Trumpcare promises "pre-existing" condition, but doesn't guarantee affordability. I hope Trumpcare passes the Senate, because it'll prove they don't care for people's health. They just want to give the rich a bigger tax break.
They're going to fund Trumpcare with $8 billion. That's laughable if not so serious.
Emergency rooms are going to see the brunt of this legislation that'll end up costing more for everybody.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,444 • Replies: 31

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 03:12 pm
It's just a scam to put more in the coffers of the wealthy. Only healthy people in most states will have health care if this takes hold. I am not convinced they can get it through the senate.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 03:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope these three senators will say "nay to trumpcare."
https://thinkprogress.org/three-senators-trumpcare-74e53f0a2b07
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 06:22 pm
Trump along with the House republican are celebrating as if they had actually repealed Obamacare. Have they forgotten that over the last 7 years the House republicans has voted to repealed Obamacare over 50 times. So, now the House republicans have voted to repeal it 51 times. Unless it passes both the House and the Senate and signed by the president, it's means absolutely nothing. Most pundits believe it has almost no chance of passing the Senate without having some major changes from the House bill. Also, most pundits believe that the changes the Senate will probably make, will cause the House freedom caucus to vote it down when it goes back to the House.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 08:35 pm
@Real Music,
What is more alarming is that republicans are doing everything they can to repeal Obamacare and take away health insurance from 24 million people. How do these people live with themselves? They're doing everything they can to take away health insurance that will result in killing people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hospitals, doctors, and insurers all criticize trumpcare.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-rare-unity-hospitals-doctors-and-insurers-criticize-health-bill/ar-BBAL8em?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Will this ensure a one term president trump?

Trump lied again.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-this-is-not-the-health-care-bill-that-donald-trump-promised/ar-BBAKTg5?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
Real Music

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Although anything is possible, I am not convinced at this time that Trumpcare will ever become law. Unless the moderate republicans in the Senate can come up with an agreement with the freedom caucus in the House, it will never make it to the President to be signed into law.
Below viewing threshold (view)
tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 10:40 pm
@Real Music,
I'm in the same place as you. I just don't see enough folks getting on board to even get the thing to the president's desk.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 11:18 pm
@oralloy,
You're reading his disapproval rating which is 56%. That simply means that the majority of Americans believe he's not doing a good job.
MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 05:28 pm
First George Washington and 43 presidents and now Trump 'cares'?
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 07:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
According to the polls, a majority of Americans didn't vote for him either, but here we are.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 07:47 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
Clinton won the popular vote, and Trump's approval rating after the election is one of the lowest in history.
I believe the last disapproval rating I saw on Trump was 56%.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 11:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
These are all things that I know (and even said the part about him not winning the popular vote).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 01:48 pm
@Real Music,
I wonder if the Democrats worked with Senate Republicans to craft a new plan if there would be enough votes to see it passed?

I doubt that's in the cards though.

Real Music

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 03:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The republicans had more than enough time and opportunities to have work with the democrats to tweak and improve Obamacare. Yes, Obamacare has some flaws and some problems. Obamacare also have many good qualities. For the last handful of years the republicans had one goal regarding Obamacare. That goal was to repeal Obamacare. I lost count. I think the House republicans voted to repeal Obamacare over 50 times. Also over the last handful of years, the republicans in the Senate verbally supported those House votes. It's not that the democrats didn't want to work with the republicans in fixing Obamacare. The dems, rightfully so, were not interested in abolishing and repealing Obamacare.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 04:25 pm
@Real Music,
OK. They should remain true to their partisan natures and do nothing to provide the American people with a good plan. Brilliant!
Real Music

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
OK. They should remain true to their partisan natures and do nothing to provide the American people with a good plan. Brilliant!

I suspect that if the republican House and republican Senate were to fix Obamacare (not repeal) in a way that is desirable to the dems, that more than enough dems would indeed vote for the changes. The republicans have the power to make that happen. On the other hand, if the republicans want to repeal and replace Obamacare, it would make absolutely no sense for the dems to vote for such a law. Especially when we dems believe that the republicans proposed replacement would do way more harm than good.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:04 pm
@Real Music,
You are fixated on "repeal." It's meaningless except for political purposes.

If the Democrats really care about the American people they will acknowledge that Obamacare was a failure and see to craft a viable replacement.

They won't, because they don't.
Real Music

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We can both agree that Obamacare has some flaws and some problems. The one difference is that I also believe that there are many good qualities in Obamacare that can be tweaked to make better. We differ in whether Obamacare should be tweaked to fix the problems or to be completely overhauled to where it doesn't even resemble Obamacare. I don't believe the republicans are interested in tweaking Obamacare. We dems are surely not interested in overhauling or abolishing Obamacare.