TrumpCare: What will it look like?

skirby

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 10:59 am
This is revelette2, not hiding.

Anyway, in Kentucky we elected a terrible governor mostly in ignorance by people being against Obamacare. Now people are losing their Medicaid because Bevin "transformed" it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 11:59 am
@nimh,
Why didn't people in your ex's family have health insurance?
nimh

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 08:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Couldn't afford it.

I don't know why they weren't on Medicaid. Maybe they fell through the cracks - too poor to afford health insurance, but for some reason didn't qualify for Medicaid.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 08:52 pm
@nimh,
Dont worry. tRump has a plan. It kicks 21,000,000 off of Obama care and saves billions. The states will have to pay for all the people going to the er.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 10:37 pm
@nimh,
Well, that sucks. I know a few people that don't have health care and it's because they don't want it and I secretly think don't want to waste (I don't consider it a waste) any of their money.

I think they are planning to have something changed before they get fined this year.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 08:40 am
Why would Republicans need to find an alternative to Obamacare when Obamacare is the Republican alternative.
skirby

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 09:58 am
@joefromchicago,
True, the worst parts of it are the influence of the republicans. However, before Obamacare more people didn't even have access to health care insurance, at present with subsidies more people have access to health care insurance. But with the public option gone and with republican governors refusing to expand Medicaid and other such issues, Obamacare is in trouble and needs fixing.

Personally I hope Trump wants the love of the people who didn't vote for him and decides to scrap it and go for universal health care completely provided by the government.

I would rather pay more in taxes and have complete coverage for my health care and if healthy people are smart and realize they are not super humans and will at some point need help with their health care cost, they would want to do that too. It is like someone saying, "I never have been in a wreck or gotten so much as a ticket, why would I have to pay for car insurance?"
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:10 pm
@skirby,
skirby wrote:

True, the worst parts of it are the influence of the republicans.

Are you kidding? All parts of it are Republican.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:24 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

skirby wrote:

True, the worst parts of it are the influence of the republicans.

Are you kidding? All parts of it are Republican.

Which Republicans voted for it to pass?
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:30 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Which Republicans voted for it to pass?

None. They don't like cap-and-trade either - another Republican program. That's irony for you.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:38 pm
@joefromchicago,
So no Republicans supported it, yet you continue to call it a Republican program?

Which Republican sponsored it or wrote it?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
There was a single payer law on the ballot here in CO. It lost by a huge margin here in a state that went to Hillary.

21.1 % for it and 78.9 against it. That should be pretty telling and what people really think about such a proposal.

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Creation_of_ColoradoCare_System,_Amendment_69_(2016)

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:52 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

So no Republicans supported it, yet you continue to call it a Republican program?

Which Republican sponsored it or wrote it?

The Irony of Republican Disapproval of Obamacare
McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:56 pm
@joefromchicago,
Nope. Not gonna buy it. That's akin to saying that Democrats want slavery because they didn't want to free the slaves.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:03 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Nope. Not gonna buy it. That's akin to saying that Democrats want slavery because they didn't want to free the slaves.

Sadly, there's no provision in Obamacare for helping people who are really bad at crafting analogies.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:05 pm
@McGentrix,
The plan that they claim was GOP inspired was written for a single small state with a small population. The plan as written was never meant to be applied to the entire country and that is where the Dems get it wrong. It is also a desperate attempt to get GOP supports to support a 100% Dem plan. It's a game of bait and switch that none of the GOP fell for and revolted against. The Dems still continue the desperate plea of it being a GOP plan.

Your responses to Joe are spot on. No one in the GOP voted for it because they knew it wasn't intended to be applied to everyone. Just a small state with a small population. It's the other part of the Single Payer of outside countries they always seem to miss as well. None of the countries they proclaim to want to be like have a population above 15-20 million. In fact a majority of them have less than 15 million people, so the ability to scale such a plan to cover 350 million people will not work.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
No one in the GOP voted for it because they knew it wasn't intended to be applied to everyone.

You must be joking. Do you really think the GOP was in favor of universal health care? The fact is that no one in the GOP voted for it because Obama was in favor of it.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:39 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
You must be joking. Do you really think the GOP was in favor of universal health care?

Nope, they were not in favor of universal healthcare. They were not in favor of any healthcare scam that gave the federal govt control of that portion of the economy. It had nothing to do with Obama being in favor to it or not, it was bad law. It will now be replaced with something that will actually help the majority of US citizens, instead of helping a small minority of people and screwing a majority of the public.

DrewDad

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:51 pm
@Baldimo,
<snort>

Dream on.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:03 pm
@DrewDad,
Sharp retort...