God's Critical Mass

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:24 pm
Submitted to Victorville, Ca Daily Press:

John Petigo Nov. 8 accords an earlier Letter writer for “…a great explanation of the big bang theory” but was left with two questions “...delighted if he could answer”: (1) "Where did the speck come from, and what caused it to explode?” whereupon the apodictical existential pantheist (me) responds, “It came from a a mutual gravitational phenom at the end of The Big Bang when expansion had slowed down until a reversal called 'The Big Crunch,’ the Whole Shebang increasingly massive as it shrinks.

It’s a natural recurrence: Compressed into that tiny black ball, “Then what’s outside it?" John might ask, the pantheist explaining, “There just simply isn’t any ‘outside,' no space, no matter, nuthin’, all its former energy now compressed into that little ball. “But,” persists he, "whaddya mean, “recurring’ ?"

Reaching the critical mass causes it to explode, finally having achieved it when BANG! the next Big Show starts. “A new universe?” he asks bewildered, then after reflecting for a moment, (2) “If God is infinite and the universe is not, then what is he the God of?”, when the pantheist explains, “The God of whatever form assumed at the time you ask, He/She/ It is All.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,619 • Replies: 49
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:27 pm
@dalehileman,
It just happened; no explanation required, because homo sapiens are much younger as a living species.
From Wiki:
Quote:
Genetic studies show that primates diverged from other mammals about 85 million years ago, in the Late Cretaceous period, and the earliest fossils appear in the Paleocene, around 55 million years ago.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks Cis but I'd add, the reason no creation is required is that the show's been goin' on forever
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:07 pm
@dalehileman,
I have a different take on this.

Space itself is not expanding and is infinite in scope.

It is matter that is finite. It impacts space, warping, twisting and stretching it but only when present. However; the effects of gravity are limited to the speed of light causing massive pockets of overlapping gravity fields where space is compressed. This is what dark matter is. The red shift is caused by dark matter giving the impression of light dopler effect.

All galaxies want to merge. They create filaments and super filaments eventually condense to a hyper unstable singularity that explodes sending heat not matter back into space where particles reform once the heat dissipates. Gas of hydrogen clump up and form super massive stars that last maybe a hundred million years and collapse to form supermassive black holes. These are the begings of galaxies.

Rinse and repeat.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:23 pm
@Krumple,
Thank you for that, Krump

Quote:
not expanding
I had thought the expansion had been pretty well established

Quote:
infinite in scope
That idea has always bothered me. If we suppose the rest of it--which supposedly we can't see-- to be pretty much what we have here "locally" then if matter constitutes a certain volume of it then it must be infinite too (a smaller infinity of course)

So if the rules re the same then the laws of chance require an infinite number of galaxies, an infinite fraction of which are identical to ours in every detail at all times, and it seems to me that God just wouldn't do that
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:25 pm
@dalehileman,
You can't guess what god would do, because everything about god is imaginary.
There's no way to objectively prove anything about any god.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:36 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Thank you for that, Krump

Quote:
not expanding
I had thought the expansion had been pretty well established

Quote:
infinite in scope
That idea has always bothered me. If we suppose the rest of it--which supposedly we can't see-- to be pretty much what we have here "locally" then if matter constitutes a certain volume of it then it must be infinite too (a smaller infinity of course)

So if the rules re the same then the laws of chance require an infinite number of galaxies, an infinite fraction of which are identical to ours in every detail at all times, and it seems to me that God just wouldn't do that

Yes the currently held idea is that space is expanding however within the next twenty years it will be over turned.

Dark matter is gravitational lag. Due to limitations in effect over long distances.

A star 10+ solar masses implodes and becomes a black hole. However its gravitational influence was a ten thousand light years in diameter. Itll take over a ten thousand years for its gravitational wake to disapate following an increase behind it as the shockwave expands it collides with other stellar shockwaves from previous super novas. This creates dense pockets of gravity where no object actually is but it impacts photons traveling through them by stretching their wave length.

The further a photon travels to reach us the more red shifted it will appear due to having passed through more pockets of gravitational wakes ie. dark matter.

No expansion anymore. Matter cycle theory re-examined with this new data matching pevious computer models that were tossed out. Assuming they were wrong.

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 08:40 am
@dalehileman,
Wow Dale!, congrats on being gutsy enough to go against the consensus.

But it puts you in the same position as theists in going against the scientific establishment. Where did you get this 'faith'? I do need to say that I don't see anything to hang your hypothesis on since it 'died' after Hubble's discovery.

The same kudos to Krumple for the prediction of overturning of 'established' science. This is happening in the areas of abiogenesis and evolution models too. There are so many holes in the old models that the need for new ones is starting to be recognized among recognized scientists and not just us amateurs.

PS: So glad the election is over so we can get back to stuff that matters :-)
dalehileman

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:50 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
... expanding however...will be over turned.
Hadn't heard. Incidentally thanks for carret 'tween paras

Quote:
Dark matter...limitations... over long distances.
No offense Krump but hadn't hear that either

Quote:
A star 10+ solar masses implodes.... impacts photons traveling through them by stretching their wave length...more red shifted
Thank you for that report. Hope can member a fact or two

Quote:
No expansion anymore.... Assuming they were wrong
Having maintained for the longest time that "Science" hasn't even scratched the surface of such thinking, I still maintain that the idea of infinity is ridiculous
Krumple

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 03:34 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
... expanding however...will be over turned.
Hadn't heard. Incidentally thanks for carret 'tween paras

Quote:
Dark matter...limitations... over long distances.
No offense Krump but hadn't hear that either

Quote:
A star 10+ solar masses implodes.... impacts photons traveling through them by stretching their wave length...more red shifted
Thank you for that report. Hope can member a fact or two

Quote:
No expansion anymore.... Assuming they were wrong
Having maintained for the longest time that "Science" hasn't even scratched the surface of such thinking, I still maintain that the idea of infinity is ridiculous

You have to keep in mind, we have no idea why space is expanding under the current model. We dont know why inflation occured and why the expansion is increasing. What is the cause and how could it rebound or contract? None of this is known.

We use matter to determine the behavior of space but this is like digging through your neighbors trash to learn about them when you have never met them. It has room for errors in conclusions.

We take on one hand the steady state of photons to give us a method to calculate distances but then on the other hand know photons are subject to change from gravity. This fact skews the data.

We dont even know the effects of matter and its velocity relative to time. It cant be deduced because we are wirking from within the field of its influence.

My hypothesis is the age of the universe will be recalculated in the next ten years after analyzing new data from the ultra-infared telescopes that find even further objects just outside observable light wave lengths.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 04:56 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
why...expanding ... why inflation ...
Had always understood 'cause that's just the nature of an explosion

Quote:
... and how could it rebound or contract?
Some of us guess that when all the particles get far enough apart they eventually begin attracting one another

Quote:
then ... photons ...change from gravity
I hadn't heaard that it changes their speed however. I had thought the speed of light pretty much

Quote:
We dont even know the effects of matter and its velocity relative to time
I had thought Einstein had pretty much laid that out, but I guess I just don't keep up
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 06:48 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Quote:

Some of us guess that when all the particles get far enough apart they eventually begin attracting one another

1. The further apart they are, the less they attract each other.
2. The total mass of the universe is not enough to slow them down for a 'big crunch' to happen (escape velocity)
3. The damn thing isn't even slowing down expansion, it's speeding up! (presumably due to dark energy).
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:53 am
This thread is odd but nonetheless interesting enough to step in.
I have one word to say about "God's" critical mass. Everything. (nothing less)
Take one atom out of place and "God" and Reason are no longer.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 11:28 am
@Leadfoot,

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
1. The further apart they are, the less they attract each other.
Of course Foot, I mis-stated it in an 86-year-old fog

Quote:
2. The total mass... not enough... for a 'big crunch' ...
I realize that's the older, more persistent theory. Yet some doubt it; hence the term, "big crunch"

Quote:
3. ...isn't even slowing down expansion, it's speeding up! ....
Yes again, that's the current theory. However, the idea of a single particle coming out of nothing then exploding just once to expand forever is intuitively unsatisfying and fulla contra, para
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 11:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
about "God's"...Everything...one atom out of place and "God" and Reason are no longer
Thanks Fil, precisely our contention
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
"God" and Reason
are all developed from men's imagination.
Let's start with the contradictions and omissions in the bible.
When was the world created again?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 12:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
When was the world created again?
It wasn't, Cis. Always here in one form or another, skirting much cont and dox
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 01:08 pm
@dalehileman,
I know that, dale, but my question was directed to those religious folks who believe in their god.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 02:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks Cis, but I almost halfway agree on that of our pans, maintaining that we're not really smart enough yet to come up with anything convincing
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 04:12 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm convinced by science and what scientists tells us.