Why is it considered racist....

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:28 am
Give it a few generations, we'll all be brown, and nobody will ask this question anymore. That's not a slight at Pessy for bringing it up, it's just evolution. How long do you really think that small gene pools will help the human race to survive? It's never an issue in the office when in one of those fascinating meetings somebody suggests that everyone "pool their resources." Why is it a problem when it comes to things that actually matter?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:29 am
panzade wrote:
It takes that many sperm to fertilize an egg cause men hate to stop for directions.

silly, we don't need "direction"; just look at the wonderful way we run the world! Shocked
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:39 am
Ah ...but that's a whole other thread
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:51 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's quite evident you have edited your previous remarks. I suggest we drop it here; nothing gained in rehashing something that can't be proved. It was my mistake for not copying and pasting to my response.

Ok, I don't know where you get off on accusing me of somehting I did not do! Why would I edit my post just because of you...uh-uh, I don't think so. If I have somehting to say, i say it. I don't change my opinion just because someone else doesn't like it! You don't even remember to what statement you're refering to, so how can you accuse someone of somehting you're not sure of yourself.....go back and read what you wrote!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:50 pm
Asherman,
I had said that conditions were different between the Indian reservations in the US and those of the Third Reich. In that sense they are not analogous. Because they are not analogous in that sense doesn't negate the applicability of the term. They are analogous in the sense that in these camps, both the US Indian reservations and those of the Third Reich, persons (as prisoners of war, political prisoners, or refugees) were detained or confined. (Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary) In the US instance these included the tribes involved in the latter Indian Wars, and also, earlier, those tribes which existed east of the Mississippi River that had earlier acquiesced to "civilization" and were subsequently deported to Oklahoma.

Roger brought up the fact that the Indians are not forced to live on a reservation, no one need ask permission to leave, and yes, that is a marked difference between the US Indian concentration camps and those of the Third Reich. The stark differences between the two does not negate the applicability of the term to the former. Early on, the Indians could go only if they agreed to "civilize," and even today leaving the reservation, especially the more remote ones, means leaving behind those Indian cultures to assimilate and indoctrinate into mainstream US culture. It was only until the The Indian Citizenship Act in the early part of the last century (1924) that Indians gained full US citizenship and the rights thereof.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 09:08 pm
Thanks for the head's up. Hope not many read it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 09:11 pm
Urban legend.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa121698.htm
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:18 pm
rufio wrote:
For a minrity, or anyone who's been historically given the short stick, it's not so much pride as it is resisting being told they're secondary. Majorities don't have anything to resist, so imitating that sentiment is just retarded.

rufio hit the nail on the head, and a rudimentary understanding of history would reinforce this point.

I'll offer one example:

"Black is beautiful" as a movement was a reaction to "n*****s are ugly" as a cultural bias.

It was less about being proud than not being shamed by the majority.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 12:15 am
So, how's work going, Craven?

It's been a while since you've been around.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 11:47 am
panz's quote, "I missed it too C.I. Thought maybe pessy had edited her post." It's enough that somebody else thought the same. Now, let's drop it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 12:38 pm
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:25 pm
panzade wrote:
C.I. I can't see where pessy has edited a remark. I can't see where she ever adressed a remark to you.
Must have been a mistake.

C.I- I think you missed this!!! When reading back, make sure to keep reading.....it's amazing what kind of things you'll find that will make a person look like a jack ass. I notice C.I that you keep telling us to drop this, but you're the only person keeping it going. I DIDN'T EDIT MY POST! If you don't believe me, then well, that's you own damn problem. Ask craven if you don't believe me, in fact, maybe i'll ask craven. What the hell is you r problem anyway? What I would like to know, is to what statement you are referring to that you supposively said, and I supposivly "put words in your mouth". Answer me that C.I!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:27 pm
Sorry panzade, for getting you in the middle of this stupidity. Sometimes it's hard for people to admit they are wrong, that's not our fault!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:28 pm
You protests too much! LOL

how's that?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:28 pm
btw, ask Craven anything you wish.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:29 pm
Does that statement even make sense? "Your protests too much!"
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
Let's end this: Pessy, C. I. is a wonderful member here...CI , pessy is a great A2Ker.

I feel I caused this commotion and I'm sorry
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
btw, I admit my spelling and grammar is not perfect. I'm sure your posts are.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:39 pm
I will be asking craven, as soon as I can, and I will drop it when we have all heard his opinion. If i'm wrong, I will apologize to you C.I and everyone else here, but I don't see how that's possible since I have never edited a post before, unless it was my own poetry. I will say no more about this.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:42 pm
Can't we all just get along?
0 Replies