No mind; interupt all you want. Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:37 pm
littlek, Yup, middle of summer. It better be! LOL
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:01 pm
I found ci at AUTO SPAM FILTER (I typed that myself since I knew A2K was gonna do it anyway:) and encouraged him to return here.

I know I'm not your fave ci but welcome back. Antartica sounds pretty cool. Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
cjh, Thanks. Appreciate it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:33 pm
C.I., my friend. Will you do Letty one favor? If you feel it is not appropriate here, I will understand.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:52 pm
Letty, One favor? Ask, you might receive. Wink
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:36 pm
Just got through eatin' Spa and meat balls, C.I. A little sluggish, but I'll try to be clear.

Try and understand that the very young see things differently. Having taught history, having listened to my father and my brother-in-law, I got mixed messages which I managed to sort out as I got older.

I still remember my Irish friend who told me that detention camps were created because SOMEBODY wanted the harvest of those "hard-working Japanese." That hasn't changed much, C.I. There will always be predators. Hey, buddy. I need to shut up and listen to the debate so that I can watch that body language. <smile> but I know that you understand.

From Letty with love.
0 Replies

peachstate kid

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 05:09 pm
Hey ci, I'm new here, but I went to Antarctica Christmas 2003, it was really cool. You'll definitely get some great photo ops. I took Peregrine tours. Which company are you going with? I hope you're not taking a big name cruise company. Studies have shown that some of the islands that you might be landing on, when they are being walked around by hundreds of people at one time can damage the ecosystem on those islands. Are you just traveling around the South Georgia Islands or are you traveling in any of the South Shetlands?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 08:07 pm
peachstate, I'm going with Marco Polo, and we're limited to 20 in one group to visit the islands. The ship will carry only 50 percent passengers; therefore the higher cost. We start in Ushuaia and cruise due east for two days to South Georgia to visit Shakelton's grave and two other spots. Then south-westerly to Coronation Island and Elephant Island. Down the peninsula to Hope Bay, then up going through Drakes Passage around Cape Horn, and back to Ushuaia. The actual tour begins with three nites in Buenos Aires before we fly down to Ushuaia. The total trip is 18 days. btw, Welcome to A2K. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 01:20 pm
Last offer. Those who wish to have a postcard from Antarctica must provide me with your "real" name and mailing address by December 22, 2004.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:40 pm
Do you have mine already or do you need it again?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
PDid, Have your mail address, and made a label ready to go! Just checked on weather conditions in Buenos Aires, and it'll be in the mid-eighties with the possibility of rain on our first day. Ushuaia's weather is similar to what we have in Sunnyvale, so that's good! Just hope the water will be calmer than usual for our 12 day cruise. Wink Flying out from SFO to Dallas to Buenos Aires on Wednesday, and arrive BA on Thursday - early in the AM. The travel company provides us with a city tour. The following day, I have a private guide to show me around Buenos Aires. May try to get a couple to join me. Have reservations for a dinner/Tango show that evening. No plans yet for the third free day, but may keep private guide for the day to see more of BA and shopping for leather goods.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 04:19 pm
have agreat time ci, ive recently made a group of penguins in wood. Keep your eyes open for the little suckers, they should be all over the place.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 04:32 pm
Well, heck. Am I too late? I'm sending you my real name, address and youngest son. Will that work?

Have a great trip and stay warm, dry and keep away from those Emperor Penguins. I heard they were dangerous.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:04 pm
Pifka, Not too late; made copy of your address on a label. Willing to do a couple more, but that's it! Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 05:46 pm
Have a great time, c.i.! And file a report soon after you get back.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 06:52 pm
yessir...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 07:42 pm
pssst did you get my top-secret pm, c.i.?
i can't ask more about it here
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:04 pm
Thanks, CI. I'll be thinking warm thoughts!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 10:45 pm
ehBeth, Not to worry, got it.
0 Replies