Locked out, Facebook wants 3 forms of ID

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 02:42 am
Hi, I am unable to access Facebook all of a sudden, on phone or laptop. I got a message and then was locked out of phone app. Then after around 24 hours I couldn't use browser access either. They are looking for proof of my name (which is the same as my birth cert), via 3 forms of ID uploaded. I am uncomfortable doing this. Anyone know a way around it? Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 8

David-Forer

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 05:24 pm
@silvavitae,
I had to do this as well. I didn't find a way around because FB controls the process. What I did was cover any info I was uncomfortable showing like DL # etc. They approved me back while doing this. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 06:18 pm
When the same thing happened to me, I got stubborn, because I don't feel they have a right to demand all of that. I opened a new account, using my middle name. I was happy with the new account, but facebook finally realized I was not going to comply and they restored my original account.
0 Replies

ste20man

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:10 am
Not sure if this is the right place, sorry. In my Facebook I have live, photo and checkin at the top of my page. In photos I have a video of the very wrong kind of you know what I mean. I didn't put it there and I want rid of it. All I can do is highlight it and then Comment on it. It's not in my immediate time line thank God. How do I delete it??? Thanks for your time in advance.
jespah

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:12 am
@ste20man,
Untag yourself from it.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 04:37 pm
@silvavitae,
silvavitae wrote:

Hi, I am unable to access Facebook all of a sudden, on phone or laptop. I got a message and then was locked out of phone app. Then after around 24 hours I couldn't use browser access either. They are looking for proof of my name (which is the same as my birth cert), via 3 forms of ID uploaded. I am uncomfortable doing this. Anyone know a way around it? Thanks in advance.

Pretty soon they will want blood and stool samples.

I think it's silly to have so much protection on social media sites when banks dont even have that severe protection or requirements.
0 Replies

Major Payne

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:16 am
Same thing happened to me after being on fb for over 10 years with no problems that hasn't been taken into account. I refuse to submit my personal details to social media, and I will get on with my life without it. They say it's to protect people, but I'm sure criminals and terrorise can easily obtain fake ID. So I'm not going to adhere to this breach of my personal security for the sake of pasting a bit of time. My fb account has been hacked in the past so I'm pretty sure that it's just a matter of time before the personal information submitted is compromised.
0 Replies

Scottydog112233

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 05:20 pm
@David-Forer,
Dose anybody know how long it takes to get approved back on
0 Replies

Shellesbelles

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 06:22 pm
Been locked out of fb can't get in touch with fb tech support. Have 2 #'s one always sends me to vm I leave msgs that are never returned and the other just hangs up on me. All I can say is Facebook's customer service really sucks!
0 Replies