Frisky Snails....oh the Drama

quinn1

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:32 pm
jes--oh yeah..its real sweet..wanna babysit? I guess it could be worse..I could be watching them tear each other apart...however I dont really know how I feel about that being worse at the moment.

chat---you know, not for nothing but when my head hit the sheets last night they were still goin at it....I was happy to see them alive and seperated this morning, I was getting worried!

d-you know..I feel EXACTLY the same way but, as a respnsible pet owner I feel the need to find stuff out...
TOO MUCH STUFF...IIWWW
The whole seperating them sounds nice..till the realization comes home....I got a few hundered more on the way...I dont have room for that many aquaria.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:38 pm
pet store
pet store
pet store
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:38 pm
hee hee hee hee!!!!!!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:41 pm
yeah...and actually there are 4 within 2 miles of the house here...might get lucky...wonder if they'd trade me for fish...that would work nicely.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:42 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 06:58 pm
Gosh..thinking now I should have waited to buy the new tank...probably could have paid for itself.

Then again...I would have woken up to hundreds of little red dots crawlin around in the tank and flipped.

Or worse..I now know that these snail roam on occassion and can live outside the tank for about a week..I wonder if the cats would be found playing with them or just smiling.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 07:00 pm
"You get my senses sliming,
When over you I'm climbing,
Our eyestalks intertwining,
To the mating cries of molluscs in love..."
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 07:12 pm
just lovely.....really..nice.

However..

they start cryin and they're history

Wink
0 Replies

Sublime

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 10:32 pm
Quinn, there may be something you could introduce to the tank that likes snail eggs, but everything has it's trade offs. That something might also like your fish.

Back when I had aquariums, we got snails for gunk control and ended up digging them out and hauling them to the local fish shop regularly.

I cannot believe that I actually BOUGHT snails when I surely could have found some other idiot like me that paid for the fly of the aquatic kingdom.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 08:33 am
Raising hand..just another idiot here as well Smile
Actually my father breeded fish and he kept some little snails..I can remember those egg sacks on the glass and waiting until there was enough meat there...squish..fish food...pretty simple.
these however are different....I aint touching those eggs.
And I guess the simplest way to kill these snails is to put them in the fridge and then into the freezer so, its not so bad.

Gotta share..cuz I know you all are just waiting for interesting updates....

Well, just like a man...he loves her and leaves her a broken shell of a woman...
after some searching it seems this isnt unnatural but, man..hes pretty rough to have worn way a hunk of her shell..and another part is chipped..maybe she likes it that way? Rolling Eyes

And he....well that horny devil...I was greeted with his member all hanging out this morning trailing along with him..fa la la
PUT THAT THING AWAY dangit..you've caused enough trouble already..argh
boys! Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:01 am
really? You can actually see a snail member? I guess he'll have to wait until his babies are all growed up.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:24 am
It aint pretty either..let me tell ya..but, yeah..he just lets it all hang on out there...
thanks for sharing
keep it to yourself fella
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:25 am
hahahaha
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:32 am
But they are much prettier than algae eaters in my opinion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:34 am
quinn, I think the solution is you've gotta stop letting the snails borrow your Marvin Gaye records.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:36 am
Should lock up the liquor too me thinks
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:49 pm
I'm running out now,..in search of little snail condoms!! Laughing

Maybe some sponges (bad underwater joke). Embarrassed

{{{giggling back to work}}} Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:51 pm
jerry! escargot is sexy!
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:54 pm
I'm just thinking, how hard can it be to keep'em seperated?

Can't you just put one on the other side of the tank,..doesn't it take like a week for them to make it back to the other side??

Unless he's EXTREMELY well hung,..hmph,...jealous now,..gotta run! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:55 pm
<grin>
0 Replies