Heraclitus & Parmenides

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 04:56 pm
Okay...I have no idea to ask the question I need an answer to, but, here goes...HELP YOU GENIUSES!!!! So, Heraclites believed that the universe is constantly changing, and that we need not to open our eyes, but to close them in order to understand how the world works. If he were to close his eyes, then, how would he explain the world? Was he saying that we shouldn't convince ourselves with the knowledge of this world because its lies and it willl change anyway???? What's the deal here? Was he implying that we should simply live and not ask questions? And this Parmenides guy.........please help. I'm so lost with the infinite/finite thing, and the idea that we are all one...all connected. I get the idea that we could be all meshed together and the idea that there is space between us is false...but help. just help... Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 587 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 05:54 pm
Kelblack,

This stuff has been disgussed in detail many times on this forum. Pick a likely thread and read the postings. I think that will answer many, perhaps most of your questions. It will also give you a nice introduction to the folks who habituate the place.
0 Replies