Assuming this is a riddle

Jman2k

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:09 am
A co-worker lent me a book and when I opened it, there was a note inside that has a riddle, I think. Not sure what to make of it, so I thought I would enlist your help. It reads.....
That's right!

You've peeked into the book
Now turn, and for Easter baskets look
Not "in" not "on" not "above" or "beside"
But another preposition will tell you where I hide.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,960 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 06:00 am
@Jman2k,
My guess would be "between" -- using someone to look for something within the book.

They did say "not "in"" though so maybe not....

Why don't you ask your co-worker? The note could have been something someone left for them to find and they just didn't remove it when they gave it to you.
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 02:03 pm
@Jman2k,
That is an interesting co-worker! Apparently you are looking for Easter baskets and their not in, on above or beside which leaves below or between as it does say, Now turn, and for Easter baskets look. You may have to go through every page. If this book is not related to Easter or baskets you might look for a doodle of one somewhere. The prepositions given not to be used. I'd be interested to know the title of the book? Candlelight8
Krumple

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 02:55 pm
@Candlelight8,
It cant be in the book or between.

Between two pages = in

That would be misleading.

Must be beneath.
Candlelight8

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:47 am
@Krumple,
Between two covers = all pages. I see no indication that it refers only to two pages but "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". I jest. If it were beneath, would he not have found what he is looking for. Surely by now he has discovered the meaning. This guy shouldn't wait to long to ask this woman out!
Who knows who else she is giving these riddles to. I can't wait for the next episode. Don't leave me "hangin" bro. Candlelight8
0 Replies