Will We Have Genitalia In Heaven?

coluber2001

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:52 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Disturbing thought No. 1:

We leave our phsyical (corporeal) bodies behind. OK. Then we are re-born/re-animated in a 'new' body. Seeing that there is no physical manifestation of an afterlife, it is not PHYSICAL. Without a physical body to feel or have the usual sorts of sensations, HOW DOES IT WORK?

We are still supposed to feel fear and pain and love in the afterlife. How? No nerves, no chemical transmitters in the brain, no hunger or thirst, no sexual desire. Hell is full of everlasting suffering and pain. I don't feel anything. Torment a non-existent body, big deal.

It sounds kind of like the hologram Rimmer on "Red Dwarf." I think I'd rather pluck, that's pluck a harp.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:55 pm
Distubing thought No. 3:

Will we be exactly as we were at the point of death?

Great if you were in good shape and attractive. Not so good if you died from some horrible disfiguring disease that took years to kill. Hey, you'll be looking like that forever!

What about my parents? Will they look just as I remember them now(assuming they're already dead). Old and grey. Or will they be renewed and young, like when I was little and they were happiest?. If I'm dead and good-looking at 25 it's a bit unfair that anyone who made it to 87 and looked crap should have to stay that way till the end of eternity.

Will we lack the limbs and teeth that we lost over our lives? Will dead babies be babies forever, screaming and expelling from both ends? Will your pets be there?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:07 pm
Too many disturbing thoughts...pass me the smelling salts...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:13 pm
Disturbing thought No. 4:

More on the continuation of relationships.

There is Man A. He is 17 years old and a bad person. Real bad, criminal, drugs, a thug, hates the world, beats on people, uses all and every one, votes conservative. Thoroughly evil.

So this personage impregnates his girlfriend, then goes out to score drugs. Things go wrong and he's shot. Dead. Consigned to the afterlife. End of story.

Girlfriend finds out and she's so affected by this that she changes. Gives up old life, studies, works, has baby and looks after it properly. Happy story. Baby is a boy and grows up with this great example, becomes an exemplary citizen. An inspiration to all. Has successful career as doctor, finds cures for 5 diseases, starts charities, goes into politics - leads nation to new Golden Age. Becomes statesman, stops wars, world hunger - dies at 92, a beloved saintly figure. Consigned to the afterlife.

Now in the afterlife, he's gonna meet his Dad. What would be the nature of their relationship? He has to obey his father. A 17 year-old punk is the master of a 92 year-old saint?
0 Replies

angie

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
This entire thread is tongue-in-cheek, right ?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:34 pm
Angie, I'm not sure about tongue. Right now, I think they are having a cluster pluck around the great fireplace in the sky.
0 Replies