Refresh Page but not 'on top'

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:43 am
Hello all,

I will try to explain my problem.

I want to load a page inside a frame and for the entire page to automatically refresh. (not just that frame)

However, I have two problems:

1. The page that I load inside that frame is not a page that I made myself. I want to load , for example, www.yahoo.com into there. However, when I click one of the links on that yahoo page, I still want it to load into that same frame and to keep that refreshing routine.

2. Whenever it refreshed the main page (containing the frame) I do not want it to go to 'top'. Whenever I have other browser windows open, when I use the meta refresh command, it will put that window on top of the others. I do not want that. I want it to refresh in the background, so to speak.

I am not sure if this all can be done by the meta refresh command, perhaps there is a java script routine?

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,647 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:53 pm
Your request is unclear. Do you want the framed document to refresh?

The whole frameset to refresh?
0 Replies

Cerberus

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:10 am
Clarification
I'd like for that frame to keep refreshing; no matter whether I click a link in there or not.

The moment I would click one of the links, I want that page to load into that frame, effectively replacing the old page. The refreshing should still continue though.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2004 12:36 am
Yahoo has code to break out of frames, and there's nothing you can do about that.

But the basic code to refresh a particular frame (assuming it is launched from another frame in the frameset) is:

parent.FRAMENAME.location.reload();
0 Replies