Grade 11 Canadian Law Questions, you will enjoy it! :)

Nive

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:08 am
Hope this is the correct place to put it. Missed a week of school, dont have my books here and have a test coming on monday Sad . And i have a big wedding to attend today and i have to leave in like 20mins. Had the questions typed up on the computer so i decided to drop by here Smile. Feel free to write any follow ups on questions, the more info u give the happier i get Laughing

1. Explain the importance of the common-law system of precedent to the development of our contemporary legal system.

2. Differentiate between criminal law and civil law.

3. If a teenage son strikes his father causing serious injury what penalty might the son receive under Canadian law?

4. In August 2001, the International Criminal Tribunal at The Hague convicted Radislav Krstic of genocide. Krstic is a former Bosnian Serb general. International law defines genocide as "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group."
Krstic was sentenced to 46 years in prison for his role in the massacre of more than 7000 unarmed Muslim men and boys in Srebrenica in July 1995. During the trial, prosecutors presented evidence of the crime, including accounts of survivors, documents from the Bosnian military, and photos of mass graves. The three presiding judges concluded that while Krstic did not order the assault on Srebrenica, he played a key role in the executions and deportations that followed.

a. Under what class of international crimes does genocide fall?
b. What evidence did prosectors use to prove the case against Krstic?
c. Decide whether or not the sentence that Krstic received was fair. Justify your answer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,056 • Replies: 3
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:12 pm
Sorry, I don't do homework, and I doubt anyone else will!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:25 pm
Seriously, you need to do this research yourself, as all these questions could potentially have different outcomes. The purpose of the exercise is to find out if you can defend your position, whether it is correct or not.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:27 pm
If you want to pass, I suggest cramming, and starting here: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/
0 Replies