LionTamerX

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:25 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
He's a legend here.

In Queens, NY as well.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:28 pm
Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the subways much as he explained...I know I've been in them and yes they were.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:34 pm
Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the subways much as he explained...I know I've been in them and yes they were.

It's a matter of opinion. If you are ignorant and have racist tendencies, they may appear that way. I have ridden the subway to Shea stadium many times , and have never seen them that way.
In my opinion, Mr Rocker is ignorant and racist.

I'm happy his career worked out so well for him.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:36 pm
Blah I don't know about that. Rocker has just as much right as you to speak, and I think the media over blew that horribly.

Edit: I think he did go too far with the whole "I'm not too fond of foreigners either" I kinda forgot how bad it was.... Embarrassed
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:38 pm
Blah I don't know about that. Rocker has just as much right as you to speak, and I think the media over blew that horribly.

I agree that the media made a huge deal out of it, but that is the NY media for you. I think they were trying to fan the flames for the Mets.

I still think he's an idiot and has gotten his just desserts.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:42 pm
I'd take what he got. Amazing reliever for 2 years, made enough money to live forever. Only negative is that New Yorkers hate him...But I doubt he cares.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 06:50 pm
He tried a comeback of sorts this year, and was playing for a team on Long Island. Didn't work out too well.
Apparently he stuck his foot in his mouth again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/306328p-262117c.html

Anyway,

We shouldn't threadjack any longer.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 07:15 pm
Yeah I know, Sportscenter covered it nightly as if it were a story. I think it's ridiculous to chronicle a struggle like that.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 07:49 pm
in his prime, rocker was the type of closer you despised... unless he was on your team.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:50 pm
As a Braves fan, I enjoyed Rocker up to a point. And that was before he made a total ass of himself in print. Even before that, he was developing a bad rep on the team as egotistical, and there were hints that he was known as a racist in the clubhouse. Not exactly the kind of guy they want in that organization, to say the least.

Once he started screwing up on the mound, he was easily expendable...
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:04 pm
I always liked Rocker. Maybe it was his name, but I always liked him.
0 Replies